Autelis Jandy

Posted on
Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:40 pm
hamw offline

Re: Autelis Jandy

BTW, I was going thru the actions and the pool cleaner toggle was not working. I added a "#" in front of "CLEANR" and it worked again.

Code: Select all
  Error (client)                  Action couldn't be found - the plugin supplying the action may be disabled or missing

elif action == "Cleaner":
         setting = pluginAction.props.get("setting")
         if setting == "Off":
            outmsg = ("#CLEANR=0")
         elif setting == "On":
            outmsg = ("#CLEANR=1")
         elif setting == "Toggle":
            outmsg = ("#CLEANR")      <--- HERE
         self.sendMessage(outmsg)

Also, I just tried the AquaPure "Set" function, monitoring with the web interface. The first time I tried it, it went into "equipment on/off" and the menu just kept scrolling. After I clicked "Select" on the web interface keypad, the proper macro executed and it found the AquaPure menu selection and correctly set it. It did not exit back out of the AquaPure menu, and I had to do that manually with the "back" button.

On several subsequent tries it executed correctly, but I still had to click the "back" button to get out of the "menu/help" menu so that the status lines would update correctly.

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:48 am
nlagaros offline

With the keypad, there is an unfortunate delay. I need to wait for the Autelis to send the screen updates. This is not idea at all. As far as I know, there is no way to query the devices directly.

As for the keypad buttons, it was easy to add so check out my wiki for an update (v1.2.3).

hamw wrote:
Well, that did the trick! Thanks for helping and we are back in business!

By the way… When changing from pool to spa, there is a delay. That's also true when turning the pool off if the heat is enabled. Does the plugin currently show that status line without having to go to the full keypad XML page?

Also, any plans to enable the keypad buttons, e.g. "select", "up", "down" etc to allow full control thru Indigo?

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:48 am
nlagaros offline

Thank you!

hamw wrote:
BTW, I was going thru the actions and the pool cleaner toggle was not working. I added a "#" in front of "CLEANR" and it worked again.

Error (client)                  Action couldn't be found - the plugin supplying the action may be disabled or missing

elif action == "Cleaner":
         setting = pluginAction.props.get("setting")
         if setting == "Off":
            outmsg = ("#CLEANR=0")
         elif setting == "On":
            outmsg = ("#CLEANR=1")
         elif setting == "Toggle":
            outmsg = ("#CLEANR")      <--- HERE
         self.sendMessage(outmsg)

Also, I just tried the AquaPure "Set" function, monitoring with the web interface. The first time I tried it, it went into "equipment on/off" and the menu just kept scrolling. After I clicked "Select" on the web interface keypad, the proper macro executed and it found the AquaPure menu selection and correctly set it. It did not exit back out of the AquaPure menu, and I had to do that manually with the "back" button.

On several subsequent tries it executed correctly, but I still had to click the "back" button to get out of the "menu/help" menu so that the status lines would update correctly.

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 am
hamw offline

nlagaros wrote:
With the keypad, there is an unfortunate delay. I need to wait for the Autelis to send the screen updates. This is not idea at all. As far as I know, there is no way to query the devices directly.

As for the keypad buttons, it was easy to add so check out my wiki for an update (v1.2.3).

re the keypad buttons, I added them but, since one does not know which line is active, it's a guess as to when to push the "select" button. I doubt this is possible, but is there any way to add a state variable to the lines so that one would know which was active? That could illuminate device state images placed next to the lines.

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 am
nlagaros offline

I've been working on highlighting the active row. Unicode is not my friend.. but think I will figure it out eventually. There is other special character formatting that I am cleaning them up as well. My intent is for it to function similar to the physical keypad where the active row is in inverse characters.

hamw wrote:
nlagaros wrote:

re the keypad buttons, I added them but, since one does not know which line is active, it's a guess as to when to push the "select" button. I doubt this is possible, but is there any way to add a state variable to the lines so that one would know which was active? That could illuminate device state images placed next to the lines.

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 am
nlagaros offline

Anyone know if there is a way to store a more formatted string as a state? I need to reverse and underline parts of state strings. It seems more like an output function than a character code.

nlagaros wrote:
I've been working on highlighting the active row. Unicode is not my friend.. but think I will figure it out eventually. There is other special character formatting that I am cleaning them up as well. My intent is for it to function similar to the physical keypad where the active row is in inverse characters.

hamw wrote:
nlagaros wrote:

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

nlagaros wrote:
Anyone know if there is a way to store a more formatted string as a state? I need to reverse and underline parts of state strings. It seems more like an output function than a character code.

It is - but we specifically need to avoid using any platform specific stuff (like an NSAttributedString) since making those display correctly in a web browser would require much more work. We could, of course, adopt one of the markups for strings (like Markup, wiki syntax, etc) and then every place we display strings display them marked up. But then any place we need to just use the string we'd have to strip out the markup. And scripters or other plugin writers would have to do the same anytime they got a string from the state.

So, basically, I think that it's much more of a hassle than a benefit.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:53 pm
nlagaros offline

I hear you that it would be more than a bit painful. It leaves me in a bit of a quandry as I'd like to do something more on Control Pages. I will think about other ways to accomplish what I need. Thanks for the response!

jay (support) wrote:
nlagaros wrote:

It is - but we specifically need to avoid using any platform specific stuff (like an NSAttributedString) since making those display correctly in a web browser would require much more work. We could, of course, adopt one of the markups for strings (like Markup, wiki syntax, etc) and then every place we display strings display them marked up. But then any place we need to just use the string we'd have to strip out the markup. And scripters or other plugin writers would have to do the same anytime they got a string from the state.

So, basically, I think that it's much more of a hassle than a benefit.

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:18 pm
nlagaros offline

For now, I've placed an update on the wiki (v1.2.4) that will put square brackets around the current active line. Hopefully this will help a bit. I'm open to other ideas.

hamw wrote:
nlagaros wrote:

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:31 pm
hamw offline

The brackets work great!

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:29 pm
nlagaros offline

I have a simple pool setup, so it was pretty straightforward to pull together a functional control page.

Autelis.PNG

Posted on
Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:31 pm
nlagaros offline

Glad they work. FYI: I fixed a few more bugs and reposted the code under the same version. I think I'm done for the week. I will have a look and see what I can do with your color lights next week.

hamw wrote:
The brackets work great!

Posted on
Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:40 am
nlagaros offline

Ham - questions on this:

When you turn the color lights on from the equipment menu does it bring you directly to the screen to set the color?
If the lights are on and you go back to the equipment menu and select lamp, do the lights go off or does it take you to the color selection screen?
If it works like I think and it turns off, then that means you would have to turn the lights off and then back on to change colors?

hamw wrote:
Here's the Color Lights sequence. Basically Equipment On/Off, Lamp On, Pick color then Select.
Jandy ColorLights step1.tiff

Jandy ColorLights step2.tiff

the rest of the colors.
Jandy ColorLights step1 Other Colors.tiff

After the color is chosen, this screen appears as the RS-8 sends a series of on/off commands to the light to get it to cycle through to the correct color.
Jandy ColorLights step2 Cycling.tiff

If you want to change colors when the light is already on, press "select." this would normally turn the light off. However there is a 5 second delay so you can choose another color. If out of the 5 secs, will just turn light off.
Jandy ColorLights step3.tiff

Posted on
Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:38 pm
hamw offline

nlagaros wrote:
Ham - questions on this:

When you turn the color lights on from the equipment menu does it bring you directly to the screen to set the color?

Yes, it does. After clicking to turn on the lamp, the first screen is the color selection screen. Something to consider is that the last used color is highlighted; it does not start from the first color in the list.

nlagaros wrote:
If the lights are on and you go back to the equipment menu and select lamp, do the lights go off or does it take you to the color selection screen?

If the lights are already on and you go to "equipment on/off" and then click "lamp on/off", the lights will stay on for 5 seconds and you are required to click "select" within that window if you want to change the color. If you click within 5 seconds, you are then taken to the color choice menu with the current selection highlighted. If not, lights go off. Re the "turn light off and on to sequence thru the colors" in the Jandy manual below, the beauty of the RS is that one can pick the color from the RS list and then it will cycle the lights itself. Being able to directly pick a color and press a button via the plugin would be even better... :D

If it works like I think and it turns off, then that means you would have to turn the lights off and then back on to change colors?

One would not have to turn the lights off and on if they are already on. Just select the light in the menu and then get click "select" again in time and it will change directly. By coordinating button presses one can get the lamp to reset to Alpine White, the first color in the list.

From the Jandy ColorLights manual:

2.1 To Operate the Light and Change
Colors
Turn the light ON. The fi rst time the light is turned on, the color sequence begins with the Alpine White. To change the color, turn the light OFF and then ON within three (3) seconds. Continue turning OFF and ON until the desired light color mode is reached. See Table 1 for the color mode sequence.

Table 1. Jandy WaterColors Lights Sequence

Sequence Order Color Modes
1 Alpine White
2 Sky Blue
3 Cobalt Blue
4 Caribbean Blue
5 Spring Green
6 Emerald Green
7 Emerald Rose
8 Magenta
9 Violet
10 Slow Color Splash
11 Fast Color Splash
12 America the Beautiful
13 Fat Tuesday
14 Disco Tech

NOTE When the light is turned OFF for more than seven (7) seconds, it will remain in the color set that is currently active. When the light is turned back ON, the light will be on the same color set.

2.2 To Reset to the Beginning of the Color Sequence:
Turn the light OFF, wait four (4) to six (6) seconds, then turn ON, the light will return to the beginning of the color cycle (Alpine White).

Posted on
Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:22 am
nlagaros offline

I just updated the wiki with v1.2.6 of the plugin. Give it a shot and let me know if it works with the lights.

hamw wrote:
nlagaros wrote:
Ham - questions on this:

Yes, it does. After clicking to turn on the lamp, the first screen is the color selection screen. Something to consider is that the last used color is highlighted; it does not start from the first color in the list.

nlagaros wrote:

If the lights are already on and you go to "equipment on/off" and then click "lamp on/off", the lights will stay on for 5 seconds and you are required to click "select" within that window if you want to change the color. If you click within 5 seconds, you are then taken to the color choice menu with the current selection highlighted. If not, lights go off. Re the "turn light off and on to sequence thru the colors" in the Jandy manual below, the beauty of the RS is that one can pick the color from the RS list and then it will cycle the lights itself. Being able to directly pick a color and press a button via the plugin would be even better... :D

One would not have to turn the lights off and on if they are already on. Just select the light in the menu and then get click "select" again in time and it will change directly. By coordinating button presses one can get the lamp to reset to Alpine White, the first color in the list.

From the Jandy ColorLights manual:

2.1 To Operate the Light and Change
Colors
Turn the light ON. The fi rst time the light is turned on, the color sequence begins with the Alpine White. To change the color, turn the light OFF and then ON within three (3) seconds. Continue turning OFF and ON until the desired light color mode is reached. See Table 1 for the color mode sequence.

Table 1. Jandy WaterColors Lights Sequence

Sequence Order Color Modes
1 Alpine White
2 Sky Blue
3 Cobalt Blue
4 Caribbean Blue
5 Spring Green
6 Emerald Green
7 Emerald Rose
8 Magenta
9 Violet
10 Slow Color Splash
11 Fast Color Splash
12 America the Beautiful
13 Fat Tuesday
14 Disco Tech

NOTE When the light is turned OFF for more than seven (7) seconds, it will remain in the color set that is currently active. When the light is turned back ON, the light will be on the same color set.

2.2 To Reset to the Beginning of the Color Sequence:
Turn the light OFF, wait four (4) to six (6) seconds, then turn ON, the light will return to the beginning of the color cycle (Alpine White).

Page 5 of 11 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11