TED5000 - The Energy Detective

Posted on
Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:31 am
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1625
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

This is exactly what I need to know to pinpoint the issue. I had a typo - actually 2 in the code that parses the XML file for MTU4. I just updated my wiki with v1.0.4 which should fix all this. Great catch! Thanks!

bda wrote:
Hello Nick;

I think the bug is with TED and that their XML is reporting back <float> as an element and not <float>.
Perhaps this is something you could see if you can work around.

What is important is that when I change the # of MTUs from 4 to 3 it appears to work!
It looks like an error with the TED software on the 4'th MTU.

Separately, I noticed that the TED unit can't resolve system time when I have 4 MTUs. Their software (TED's) is a bit buggy with more than 3 MTUs and it looks like it extends to their reporting. :(.

I appreciate your plugin and support. Happy New Year

Posted on
Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:32 am
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1625
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

I just posted a new version that should take care of this issue. Please give it a shot. Thanks.

Bollar wrote:
I just found this plug-in. Thanks!

I have an error on start-up that appears to let the plug-in update only once then stop:
Code: Select all
  Starting plugin "TED 5000 Plugin 1.0.3" (pid 1251)
  Started plugin "TED 5000 Plugin 1.0.3"
  TED 5000 Plugin                 Your plugin version, v1.0.3, is current.
  TED 5000 Plugin Error           exception in deviceStartComm(TED 5000): global name 'flaot' is not defined
  TED 5000 Plugin                 Polling Interval: 5


Hopefully it's not just me. ;)

Posted on
Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:31 pm
bda offline
Posts: 9
Joined: Dec 07, 2013

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

Working great

Posted on
Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:40 am
Bollar offline
Posts: 524
Joined: Aug 11, 2013

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

Very good. Thanks for the fix!

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:41 pm
midd offline
Posts: 368
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

I'm not seeing the plug-in states in the display window. The only data I see is the real time KW usage.

Indigo 7, Mojave on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:23 am
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1625
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

Are you still having an issue? You need to scroll down the lower panel in Indigo to see all of the custom states.

midd wrote:
I'm not seeing the plug-in states in the display window. The only data I see is the real time KW usage.

Posted on
Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:16 pm
sumocomputers offline
Posts: 169
Joined: Jun 23, 2008

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

Was trying to download this plugin from https://vulture.lagaros.com/wiki/projec ... ation.html

And under TED5000, there doesn't seem to be any download available.

Any plans to put a download link back up?

Also, any plans to support TED Pro Home? I am actually wondering if the TED5000 plugin might even work with TED Pro Home.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on
Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:45 am
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1625
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

Looks like I'm having wiki issues. You can download from the following link: http://vulture.lagaros.com/IndigoPlugins/TED5000/TED5000.indigoPlugin_1.0.5.zip

I'm not sure how it will work with TED Pro Home, but guessing that some of it would. I would need to see the XML file generated and could then adjust the plugin.

sumocomputers wrote:
Was trying to download this plugin from https://vulture.lagaros.com/wiki/projec ... ation.html

And under TED5000, there doesn't seem to be any download available.

Any plans to put a download link back up?

Also, any plans to support TED Pro Home? I am actually wondering if the TED5000 plugin might even work with TED Pro Home.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on
Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:21 am
sumocomputers offline
Posts: 169
Joined: Jun 23, 2008

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

You are correct, the plugin does not work with TED Home Pro (TED6000).

I have no luck using the TED5000 API calls, and they haven't posted their TED6000 API docs, so I have requested this. Hopefully this will allow us to see the XML output.

I do know that some online services (like Bidgely, which is awesome BTW), only supports POST not POLL for TED6000, but they support both for TED5000. No idea if this is because TED6000 doesn't support POLL, or something else.

Am I correct in assuming that an Indigo plugin needs to use POLL?

Posted on
Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:27 am
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1625
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

The plugin simply doest an http get to pull an xml page. What you can try is to type the following your browser: http://[ip address of TED]/api/LiveData.xml

See if you get anything returned to you.

sumocomputers wrote:
You are correct, the plugin does not work with TED Home Pro (TED6000).

I have no luck using the TED5000 API calls, and they haven't posted their TED6000 API docs, so I have requested this. Hopefully this will allow us to see the XML output.

I do know that some online services (like Bidgely, which is awesome BTW), only supports POST not POLL for TED6000, but they support both for TED5000. No idea if this is because TED6000 doesn't support POLL, or something else.

Am I correct in assuming that an Indigo plugin needs to use POLL?

Posted on
Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:39 am
sumocomputers offline
Posts: 169
Joined: Jun 23, 2008

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

Yeah, forgot to say I tried that, and get:

404: File not found

Posted on
Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:46 am
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1625
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

I took a quick read of the TED support forums for the TED pro and someone reported success with the following url: http://[TED ip address]/api/DashData.xml

Does this work for you?

sumocomputers wrote:
Yeah, forgot to say I tried that, and get:

404: File not found

Posted on
Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:16 am
sumocomputers offline
Posts: 169
Joined: Jun 23, 2008

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

Below is the XML output and screenshot attached.

Code: Select all
<DashData><Now>460</Now><TDY>4435</TDY><MTD>156403</MTD><Avg>13596</Avg><Proj>421506</Proj><Voltage>1198</Voltage><Phase>131</Phase></DashData>


Also, here are the API docs they sent me:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yykzvnqugl11g ... 140625.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldfx99nn2k5ip ... 5-R607.pdf
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-11-10 09.14.24.png
Screenshot 2014-11-10 09.14.24.png (31.09 KiB) Viewed 3168 times

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:40 pm
Ramias offline
Posts: 169
Joined: Nov 24, 2015

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

Greetings.

New Indigo user here.

This is a year old. Just checking to see if anybody has written a plugin for TED6000 (Pro). if not I may give it a shot.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:38 pm
nlagaros offline
Posts: 1625
Joined: Dec 20, 2010

Re: TED5000 - The Energy Detective

If I had my hands on one, it would be a bit easier. I am happy to collaborate such that one plugin will support both systems. Let me know.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest