Sonos Plugin Setup

Posted on
Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:40 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Pandora Channels

With the latest update (v0.8.10), you now have QuickMix as an available Pandora station.

kennybroh wrote:
So, I have a bunch of channels or stations defined in Pandora, and since Indigo doesn't support lists or text input, I was wondering if you have any creative ideas about how I could select them in Indigo short of defining an object for each one on a control page. That would be extremely cumbersome especially since I would presumably have to do that for each Sonos player.

How about a next/previous pandora station action?

Also, how about a pandora quickmix action?

Thanks.

Posted on
Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:58 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Re: Sonos Plugin Setup

Hello Nick. Thanks for the great work you do on Sonos. I have a strange case I cannot figure out. I am trying to add the Sonos action to add players to group. The players in my device list are correct but none of them appear in the drop down list of players to add to the group. The players that do appear in the drop down match players I have in a different house 1,000 miles away. How could this be? See screenshots. I also consistently get the error message that follows. Could that be related to the problem?

Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 58, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 208, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 350, in initZones
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findtext'

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-03-29 14.55.15.png
Screenshot 2015-03-29 14.55.15.png (52.14 KiB) Viewed 4107 times
Screenshot 2015-03-29 14.54.05.png
Screenshot 2015-03-29 14.54.05.png (21.82 KiB) Viewed 4107 times

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:39 pm
nlagaros offline

I am puzzled that it is referencing ZonePlayers from your other home. I could only imagine this would be the case if you copied the Indigo database from one installation to the other.

As far as the error goes, hard to figure out without a full debug... BUT, I do see that you configured a Sonos Boost as a device in Indigo. This should not be necessary. Can you please delete that device and restart the plugin. If you used that as your reference player, maybe it is somehow caching devices from your other house. Please change it to one of your other ZonePlayers. I don't have much experience with the boost.

wideglidejrp wrote:
Hello Nick. Thanks for the great work you do on Sonos. I have a strange case I cannot figure out. I am trying to add the Sonos action to add players to group. The players in my device list are correct but none of them appear in the drop down list of players to add to the group. The players that do appear in the drop down match players I have in a different house 1,000 miles away. How could this be? See screenshots. I also consistently get the error message that follows. Could that be related to the problem?

Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 58, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 208, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 350, in initZones
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findtext'

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:12 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I removed the boost from device list and now things work properly. Thanks!

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:29 am
Japple55 offline

Sorry if I am being thick here (Indigo/Sonos noob) but I can't seem to figure this out. I have a Sonos1 connected and using the default config in the plugin. I can set the plugin action to PLAY and it indeed plays the queued file. But selecting Group Announcement and supplying a message to announce, it does nothing and I get the following in the log. I don't have any options displayed if I select LineIn. I don't know if I have a bad/incomplete config, or if I just don't understand what the plugin is supposed to do here. I've looked through the documentation and the posts here but couldn't find the answer. Would appreciate any assistance.
TIA,
Jim

Z-Wave received "FR Motion Sensor" status update is off
Trigger Trigger Appliance Module
Sonos Debug zoneIP: 192.168.1.28, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /AVTransport, soapAction: GetMediaInfo
Sonos Debug zoneIP: 192.168.1.28, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /AVTransport, soapAction: GetPositionInfo
Z-Wave sent "FR Appliance Module 008" off
Sonos Announcement: this is a sonos plugin test, Volume: 30, Line-In:
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 193, in actionZP_announcement
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1296, in actionAnnouncement
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Last edited by Japple55 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:32 pm
jens offline

Get this error when Ivona have speak,
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Matrum
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Annex
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Kontor
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Duchrum
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Sovrum Stort

File "plugin.py", line 175, in actionZP_announcementMP3
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1367, in actionAnnouncement
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 862, in actionDirect
<type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>: local variable 'CoordinatorIP' referenced before assignment

//Jens

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:26 am
nlagaros offline

The Play1 does not have a line-in port so this announcement action will not work for you. I think you want to use the Group Announcement MP3 action. This supports text-to-speech through Google or IVONA. I recommend registering with IVONA (free) - the quality is good and I have not had issues with their service (yet).

Japple55 wrote:
Sorry if I am being thick here (Indigo/Sonos noob) but I can't seem to figure this out. I have a Sonos1 connected and using the default config in the plugin. I can set the plugin action to PLAY and it indeed plays the queued file. But selecting Group Announcement and supplying a message to announce, it does nothing and I get the following in the log. I don't have any options displayed if I select LineIn. I don't know if I have a bad/incomplete config, or if I just don't understand what the plugin is supposed to do here. I've looked through the documentation and the posts here but couldn't find the answer. Would appreciate any assistance.
TIA,
Jim

Z-Wave received "FR Motion Sensor" status update is off
Trigger Trigger Appliance Module
Sonos Debug zoneIP: 192.168.1.28, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /AVTransport, soapAction: GetMediaInfo
Sonos Debug zoneIP: 192.168.1.28, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /AVTransport, soapAction: GetPositionInfo
Sonos Announcement: this is a sonos plugin test, Volume: 30, Line-In:

File "plugin.py", line 193, in actionZP_announcement
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1296, in actionAnnouncement
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:28 am
nlagaros offline

Would you give the new version (v0.8.33) I just posted a try. It may or may not help, but will debug from there. Thanks.

jens wrote:
Get this error when Ivona have speak,
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Matrum
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Annex
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Kontor
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Duchrum
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Sovrum Stort

File "plugin.py", line 175, in actionZP_announcementMP3
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1367, in actionAnnouncement
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 862, in actionDirect
<type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>: local variable 'CoordinatorIP' referenced before assignment

//Jens

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:36 am
gbiski offline

Hello,

I just installed the Sonos plugin. I put as address the ip of one of my Sonos 1 but i receive the following error:

Am i doing something wrong on the setup?

thanks a lot
George

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:39 am
nlagaros offline

I'll need to see a lot more of the log to understand what is breaking. The Play:1 that you entered as the reference ZonePlayer cannot be an internally grouped ZonePlayer. For example, if you paired two Play:1's, then you must enter the primary IP address for the reference ZonePlayer as well as the Indigo device.

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:37 pm
gbiski offline

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The play 1 are not paired. In my system i have 2 sonos play 1 and one sonos connect.
On the log i only got the error mentioned.

Thanks
George

Posted on
Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:41 pm
nlagaros offline

Can you put the plugin in debug mode and restart it. Post the output so I can see exactly what is failing. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:09 am
Japple55 offline

Still cannot get Indigo to talk to my Sonos1. Any help appreciated! Using the latest version too. What port should I be using? 9900? Does the Sonos desktop app need to be running for this to work? It plays fine from the Sonos app. Really confused.
Thanks,
Jim

Jan 13, 2016, 6:58:30 AM
Alexa-Hue Bridge Set on state of device 399253620 to False
Trigger Alexa turn on switch announce to Sonos
Sonos Announcement: This is a test of Ivona text to speech, Volume: 30
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos1

File "plugin.py", line 202, in actionZP_announcementMP3
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1526, in actionAnnouncement
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'module' object has no attribute 'errorLog'

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:46 am
nlagaros offline

What version of OS X are you running? The IVONA announcements require Python 2.7.

Japple55 wrote:
Still cannot get Indigo to talk to my Sonos1. Any help appreciated! Using the latest version too. What port should I be using? 9900? Does the Sonos desktop app need to be running for this to work? It plays fine from the Sonos app. Really confused.
Thanks,
Jim

Jan 13, 2016, 6:58:30 AM
Alexa-Hue Bridge Set on state of device 399253620 to False
Trigger Alexa turn on switch announce to Sonos
Sonos Announcement: This is a test of Ivona text to speech, Volume: 30
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos1

File "plugin.py", line 202, in actionZP_announcementMP3
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1526, in actionAnnouncement
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'module' object has no attribute 'errorLog'

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:02 am
Japple55 offline

[quote="nlagaros"]What version of OS X are you running? The IVONA announcements require Python 2.7.

El Capitan,
Python 2.7.10 (default, Jul 14 2015, 19:46:27)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 6.0 (clang-600.0.39)] on darwin