Sonos

Posted on
Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:41 pm
DU Lou offline

Re: Sonos

kw123 wrote:
The soundboard with the subwoofer + 4 speakers in the corners. That's a real man cave. The whole house shakes. Better that cinema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm talkin about! :D

Posted on
Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 pm
kw123 offline

+ 65 inch tv
Not that I am bragging.
But even the friends if my son come by because it's cool.
Unfortunately next year it has to be 4k and 100 inches to stay cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:51 am
eme jota ce offline

nlagaros wrote:
Are all your Sonos ZonePlayers online? It seems like something base. BTW, I just updated the plugin - added an option to stream TTS directly from Google.

Sorry for delayed response. Yes, just confirmed all players are online and correctly setup with their static IP's in the plugin.

Here is the error I see, now, when try to play an announcement:
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 162, in actionZP_announcementMP3
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 997, in actionAnnouncement
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

When trying to play an announcement. The ZP stops playing whatever was playing, but no announcement is made.

UPDATE: checking the (new?) "Stream from Internet" option, announcements work, albeit with a longer delay. Thanks for your attention and updates to the plugin.

Posted on
Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:21 am
evansgo offline

Group Announcements

I am trying to adapt the homegrown security system http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=homegrown_security_system from using the server audio to use group announcement audio. Can some-one point me in the right direction as how to best do this, if it'd be possible or will the delays be too long?

For example:
Code: Select all
# get the timer device
dev = indigo.devices[3827472] # "30 Second Timer"
# convert the "timeLeftInSeconds" state of the device to an int
# insert that into a string and send the string to the speak server command
indigo.server.speak("%i seconds to disarm alarm" % int(dev.states["timeLeftInSeconds"]))

Thanks
Gareth

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:18 pm
DaveL17 offline

Thanks again Nick for solving the cover art update issue.

But I'm sorry to report I may have discovered another undocumented feature:

Sonos Error                     Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 117, in actionVolumeUp
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 604, in actionDirect
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
This is generated by trying to fire a [Sonos Action: Volume Up] from a control page server action. Volume Down does it too.

Cheers, and thanks again for the help.
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:23 pm
nlagaros offline

This would only happen if the current volume is not stored properly in the ZP_VOLUME state. What do you see for the ZonePlayer in question?

DaveL17 wrote:
Thanks again Nick for solving the cover art update issue.

But I'm sorry to report I may have discovered another undocumented feature:

Sonos Error                     Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 117, in actionVolumeUp
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 604, in actionDirect
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
This is generated by trying to fire a [Sonos Action: Volume Up] from a control page server action. Volume Down does it too.

Cheers, and thanks again for the help.
Dave

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:40 pm
DaveL17 offline

nlagaros wrote:
This would only happen if the current volume is not stored properly in the ZP_VOLUME state. What do you see for the ZonePlayer in question?

That would be null.

Which got me to thinking. I went into the Sonos app on my phone, and adjusted the volume on each player. That repopulated the state to a non-null value. Looks like I'm good.

I'd suggest for a future update: if not ZP_VOLUME: ZP_VOLUME = 0

Thanks Nick!
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:22 am
DrLove offline

Can't get the art to show for players that have "(L+R)" in it's name, the image name is:

file:///Library/Application%20Support/Perceptive%20Automation/images/Sonos/Kitchen%20(L+R)_art.jpg

I have not named it "Kitchen (L+R)" just Kitchen, it's a Connect:Amp w/ a SUB so I guess Sonos added the (L+R) in the name :(

Please help!

(EDIT:) It was just the Control page editor that couldn't read the file, w/ the clients/webb it works!

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:59 pm
DU Lou offline

nlagaros wrote:
Good question. I still have not unboxed my Playbar yet. I will see what I can do once I get it plugged in.

DU Lou wrote:
I am having a blast playing with group announcements. How do I tell SONOS to resume playing "TV" on my playbar and surrounds after an announcement has been executed?

Thanks,
~Lou

Hi Nick,
Since things have quieted down somewhat after the holidays I am starting to get re-engage with Indigo tinkering. I was excited to discover that when I create and execute a GA that the TV will resume playing at the volume it was set at prior to the GA. Way Cool!!! I just have a few items for feedback and refinement:

1. When music is playing, the track will restart after the GA executes. The volume does return to the previous setting though which is nice.
2a. As the GA begins to execute the volume of the music or TV will adjust a split second before the announcement plays. So if I have the TV playing at volume 30 and the GA is set to 50, the audio on the TV will get loud, then cut, then the GA will play, then the TV audio will resume at level 30.
2b. Also if I have a GA grouped with multiple speakers, the audio from the TV (Playbar) will momentarily bleed into the other speakers before the GA plays. I suspect this is because SONOS creates an ad hoc zone to execute the GA and then splits the speakers up when complete.
3. Pandora skips to the next track after a GA is played. (I don't wind but I wanted to provide feedback on the functionality)

Items 1, 2a & 2b only illustrate the perfectionist in me coming out and is just feedback provided if you wish to attempt future refinement if that is even technically possible. Otherwise I am very happy with the plugin!!! :D

Happy New Year!
~Lou

Posted on
Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:15 pm
Seeker offline

Nick, I upgraded to 8.7. I had to change the preferences to a new port again. this time 9997. Remember I was getting an error with 9999, went to 9998 last time and it worked.

what is this related to? Any way I can figure out what is hanging up 9999 and (now) 9998?

After changing, it works fine. But I may eventually run out of ports. :lol:

edit: super-confusing with two similarly-titled threads. i'll add this question to the other thread where my initial question was.

Posted on
Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:26 am
nlagaros offline

I think I addressed #1, 2a, & 2b in the latest update. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about #3. Would you mind testing and letting me know. Thanks!!

DU Lou wrote:
nlagaros wrote:
Good question. I still have not unboxed my Playbar yet. I will see what I can do once I get it plugged in.

DU Lou wrote:
I am having a blast playing with group announcements. How do I tell SONOS to resume playing "TV" on my playbar and surrounds after an announcement has been executed?

Thanks,
~Lou

Hi Nick,
Since things have quieted down somewhat after the holidays I am starting to get re-engage with Indigo tinkering. I was excited to discover that when I create and execute a GA that the TV will resume playing at the volume it was set at prior to the GA. Way Cool!!! I just have a few items for feedback and refinement:

1. When music is playing, the track will restart after the GA executes. The volume does return to the previous setting though which is nice.
2a. As the GA begins to execute the volume of the music or TV will adjust a split second before the announcement plays. So if I have the TV playing at volume 30 and the GA is set to 50, the audio on the TV will get loud, then cut, then the GA will play, then the TV audio will resume at level 30.
2b. Also if I have a GA grouped with multiple speakers, the audio from the TV (Playbar) will momentarily bleed into the other speakers before the GA plays. I suspect this is because SONOS creates an ad hoc zone to execute the GA and then splits the speakers up when complete.
3. Pandora skips to the next track after a GA is played. (I don't wind but I wanted to provide feedback on the functionality)

Items 1, 2a & 2b only illustrate the perfectionist in me coming out and is just feedback provided if you wish to attempt future refinement if that is even technically possible. Otherwise I am very happy with the plugin!!! :D

Happy New Year!
~Lou

Posted on
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:20 pm
greenhornet offline

I just installed this plugin and I have it connected to one of my speakers. Looks like the plugin can show status, but I can't figure out how to control the speaker. is that possible? Can someone direct me to documentation if it exists? I've been searching, but no luck.