Announcement not working and Indigo Edit Window gets timeout

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:01 am
autolog offline

Re: Announcement not working and Indigo Edit Window gets tim

Not sure, but googling brings up this for UPNP error 701: Keep getting error 701 when trying to play songs specifically from large playlists on Spotify

Whilst not specific to your circumstances, it does attempt to explain what a 701 is and how it might be resolved.

That said, it could be a plugin issue and if so that is moving outside of my comfort zone to easily resolve! :)

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:06 am
ryanbuckner offline

Noted. Is there a configuration that I can try with a hi degree of success ? Like a safe Source or debug setting?

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:53 pm
autolog offline

I am not the best person to advise on this as I have a limited Sonos setup; just two ERA 100s I purchased to be able to do basic testing of the Python 3 conversion.
As I think I have previously mentioned, I don't use Sonos (other than for testing the plugin) as I use Roon with BlueSound speakers.

Maybe another Sonos plugin user can chip in with what they have had sucess with?

Posted on
Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:55 am
MarcoGT offline

autolog wrote:
I suspect the error is being triggered by the plugin using an embedded LAME MP3 Encoder for announcements.

Try running the following in a Terminal window:
Code: Select all
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2023.1/Plugins
Then reload the plugin.

Now the error popup disappeared, but I still get this error:

Code: Select all
Sonos Error                     UPNP Error: No Such Object
   Sonos Error                     Offending Command -> zoneIP: 192.168.2.244, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /AVTransport, soapAction: Play
   Sonos Error                     Error Response: <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><s:Body><s:Fault><faultcode>s:Client</faultcode><faultstring>UPnPError</faultstring><detail><UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0"><errorCode>701</errorCode></UPnPError></detail></s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>