Sonos Python 3 Beta

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:36 am
autolog offline

Re: Sonos Python 3 Beta

Londonmark wrote:
Jon - really no problem at all. Great if you manage to look at it at some stage, but also understand if you never get round to it. Life...

Interestingly, my Intel Mac is showing all states but my M1 mini isn't.
I will dig deeper and try and figure out why that is happening.

Are you on an Apple Silicon Mac?

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:52 am
rapamatic offline

autolog wrote:
No that isn't documented. What was the prompt to ask you to install Xcode command line tools?

I already have them installed which is probably why I have missed it being a requirement.

Are you on an Intel or Apple Silicon Mac?

I'm on an apple silicon Mac. The prompt was in terminal/pip when I was trying to install the libxml library, I believe. Some message about not being able to create a "wheel" or something like that... It suggested installing Xcode tools and gave the command to do so.

autolog wrote:
I think Pandora should work. I users have reported it working OK.
What message are you getting from the plugin?

I'm getting this message at plugin start:

Code: Select all
   Sonos Error                     'User not yet authenticated' in module 'pandora.py', method 'check_authentication [2023.0.27]'
   Failing statement [line 12]: 'raise ValueError("User not yet authenticated")'

I open config, enter username, password, but then nothing seems to happen and I don't see any pandora stations when I create/edit actions to play a station

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:21 am
autolog offline

mvignola29 wrote:
After running the updated plugin I get the following message in the indigo log

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:07:58 AM
Upgrading plugin Sonos to newer version 2023.0.27 (previous version moved to trash)
Error ReloadPlugin() caught exception: FileIOError -- rename/move of file or folder failed -- check file/folder permissions

Not sure what to do next, any help is appreciated

That usually means you have a permission problem in the Indigo install directories. Rerunning the installer may fix it?

It might also mean that somehow you have duplicates of the same plugin both in the Plugins directory and in the Plugins (Disabled) directory. If so, delete the one in the Plugins (Disabled) directory.

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:55 pm
mvignola29 offline

mvignola29 wrote:
... I am not familiar in doing any programming. The Beta Sonos still not work, ...

What version of Indigo are you running?

I am running 2023.1

When you started the plugin, did it ask you to update lxml?
No

In terminal, you can run the command to update pip i.e.
Code: Select all
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/bin/python3.10 -m pip install --upgrade pip

It will avoid the error message coming out next time.

I did this and I still do not see the plugin listed in menu of plugin choices

When you say The Beta Sonos still not work, what do you mean by that.
I assume this new version was a beta but I now realize that it was release to the public

What messages appeared in the log. I need more information to help you. :)
ct 4, 2023 at 3:41:02 PM
Installing and enabling plugin Sonos v2023.0.27
Error ReloadPlugin() caught exception: FileIOError -- rename/move of file or folder failed -- check file/folder permissions
Reloading plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0" using API v3.3
Stopping plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0" (pid 81013)
Reflector shutdown reflector connection
Stopped plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0"
Starting plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0" (pid 5448)
Started plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0"
Web Server starting internal Web server on http://localhost:8176
Bonjour registered "Indigo - Bryson 37 (v2021.1.2) (v2021.1.2)"
Reflector starting reflector connection to https://mvignola29.indigodomo.net

Oct 4, 2023 at 3:42:40 PM
Sent INSTEON "Office MPV" on to 100
Sent INSTEON "Office MPV" off

Oct 4, 2023 at 3:43:13 PM
Installing and enabling plugin Sonos v2023.0.27
Reloading plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0" using API v3.3
Stopping plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0" (pid 5448)
Reflector shutdown reflector connection
Stopped plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0"
Starting plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0" (pid 5602)
Started plugin "Web Server 2023.1.0"
Web Server starting internal Web server on http://localhost:8176
Bonjour registered "Indigo - Bryson 37 (v2021.1.2) (v2021.1.2)"
Reflector starting reflector connection to https://mvignola29.indigodomo.net

I appreciate your help
Thank you
Michael

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:29 pm
autolog offline

Hi Michael,
I think this is the same error @rapamatic is seeing (see above).

The error you are getting usually means you have a permission problem in the Indigo install directories. Rerunning the installer may fix it?

It might also mean that somehow you have duplicates of the same plugin both in the Plugins directory and in the Plugins (Disabled) directory. If so, delete the one in the Plugins (Disabled) directory.

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:57 pm
Londonmark offline

autolog wrote:
Londonmark wrote:
Jon - really no problem at all. Great if you manage to look at it at some stage, but also understand if you never get round to it. Life...

Interestingly, my Intel Mac is showing all states but my M1 mini isn't.
I will dig deeper and try and figure out why that is happening.

Are you on an Apple Silicon Mac?
Yes. M2 Studio.

Posted on
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:46 am
mvignola29 offline

I have run the indigo installation app again, still have no access to Sonos plugin that I also re-installed. Can not find the plugin disable directory. I can not find any of the indigo directories which I assume must exist somewhere. I have looked in the library/application support as well as many other directories. Can you please give me the path as to where these folder should be.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Michael

Posted on
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:23 am
autolog offline

mvignola29 wrote:
.... Can not find the plugin disable directory. ...

The Indigo 2023.1 files are located here: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.1
Access this folder by going to the Finder main menu > Go > Go to Folder...
Copy and paste the folder path above.

The Indigo 2023.1 folder contains the Plugins and Plugins (Disabled) folders. :)

Posted on
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:54 am
mvignola29 offline

Thank you for the path info. In any event I wonder because I have using Indigo software for many years I tried to attach a screen shoot showing all of the version of the aPP I have over the years. In the folder for the latest version in plugin folder the Sonos is not listed as well as the disable folder.

I do not know why the System is not allowing me to post the screen shot

but when I add the attachment it post it above my comments
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 12.33.44 PM.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 12.33.44 PM.jpeg (49.7 KiB) Viewed 110285 times
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 12.33.44 PM.jpeg (49.7 KiB) Viewed 110285 times

Posted on
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:01 am
mvignola29 offline

Here is another screen shot of the plugin disabled
Attachments
plug d.jpeg
plug d.jpeg (36.84 KiB) Viewed 110280 times
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 12.33.44 PM.jpeg (49.7 KiB) Viewed 110280 times

Posted on
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:13 am
autolog offline

This is a bit of a mystery. :?

Just in case the wrong Indigo Client is being activated, can you double check the plugin folders in the Indigo 2022.2 folder i.e.: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2 to see if the plugin is there?

Posted on
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:39 am
mvignola29 offline

After restarting my Mac the Sonos plug-in, I finally was able to install the sonos plugin. After installing and running the plug-in I'm getting it permission errors. Not sure what to do. At this point. I contacted Apple support and they were not able to determine that there was anything wrong with my operating system and permission settings. We ran the system in safe mode as Apple suggested, and the problem still exist.

I attached the system event log, not sure what to do next I hope there is a setting you're able to change the permissions for these files.

Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate it

Michael

Sonos Error '[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/images/Sonos/Font Yard_art.jpg'' in module 'Sonos.py', method 'processArt [2023.0.27]'
Failing statement [line 1378]: 'localFile = open("/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/images/Sonos/"+ZP_ZoneName+"_art.jpg", "wb")'
Sonos Error '[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/images/Sonos/Patio Deck_art.jpg'' in module 'Sonos.py', method 'processArt [2023.0.27]'
Failing statement [line 1378]: 'localFile = open("/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/images/Sonos/"+ZP_ZoneName+"_art.jpg", "wb")'
Sonos Error '[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/images/Sonos/Living Room_art.jpg'' in module 'Sonos.py', method 'processArt [2023.0.27]'
Sonos Error '[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/images/Sonos/Portable_art.jpg'' in module 'Sonos.py', method 'processArt [2023.0.27]'
Sonos Loaded Playlists... [15]

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:25:33 AM
Sonos Error '[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/images/Sonos/Living Room_art.jpg'' in module 'Sonos.py', method 'processArt [2023.0.27]'
Sonos Error '[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/images/Sonos/Portable_art.jpg'' in module 'Sonos.py', method 'processArt [2023.0.27]'

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:29:43 AM

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:30:16 AM

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:30:40 AM

Posted on
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:06 am
autolog offline

Can you look at what the permissions are set to for the folder images in folder: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation
In Finder, right click on the images folder, click on Get Info and check what the permissions are set to at the bottom. Also do the same for the Sonos folder in the images folder.

Maybe this info may shed some light on the issue?

Posted on
Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:55 am
mvignola29 offline

I have selected the folders you indicated and in both folder the info box indicates

Me Read & write
Admin Read & write
Everyone Read & write

Michael

Posted on
Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:08 am
autolog offline

mvignola29 wrote:
Me Read & write
Admin Read & write
Everyone Read & write

That's even more confusing :?

unfortuantely, I am not sure what to suggest next at the moment.

What type of Apple Mac are you using for Indigo?