Repeated Sonos Error - Offending Command

Posted on
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:12 am
eric offline

Repeated Sonos Error - Offending Command

When I try to do grouping functions this error appears in the log, ofter repeatedly. The IP address of the Beam is confirmed correct. When I use a different speaker the error repeats itself (with any speaker) by citing the corresponding IP address I use.

It should be noted that the Sonos command creating the error still seems to work, most of the time, even when the error is given. But Sonos functions seem unreliable and I wonder if this error points to a reason why.

There was a moment when Sonos worked with no visible errors but then after a reboot more red like this.

Any ideas?

Sonos Error UPNP Error: Action Failed
Sonos Error Offending Command -> zoneIP: 192.168.1.214, soapRoot: /ZonePlayer, soapBranch: /ZoneGroupTopology, soapAction: GetZoneGroupState

Posted on
Tue May 18, 2021 2:09 pm
eric offline

Re: Repeated Sonos Error - Offending Command

For all of those curious (if anyone) I think I found out the reason for this error - too many Sonos speakers on my system.

https://github.com/svrooij/sonos2mqtt/issues/134

This was the clue and says that after 20 (or 22) speakers the speakers can no longer report the grouping topology.

I believe i have 23 speakers on my system, so I guess I will have to thin the system out a bit.

Posted on
Sat May 22, 2021 12:55 pm
domlazar offline

Re: Repeated Sonos Error - Offending Command

Sonos Error UPNP Error: No Such Object
Sonos Error Offending Command -> zoneIP: 192.168.1.78, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /AVTransport, soapAction: Play

this is happen this morning, yesterday I did an upgrade of my MACOS from High Sierra to Catalina and now unable to play something on my sonos system. I've try on different sonos, always same msg except the IP is different as it is a different sonos. Any idea for a fix?

Mac OS Montery 12.2.1 macmini
Indigo Pro 2021.2
Powerlinc 2413U

Page 1 of 1