Late-gen Sonos hardware

Posted on
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:33 am
vml offline

Late-gen Sonos hardware

Hello! I’m hoping to control late-gen Sonos hardware with Indigo, though it’s not clear if the new hardware is supported by the plugin.

I have 2 Sonos Amps powering ceiling speakers (these are the current-gen black Amp, not the previous Connect:Amp), and the new Sonos Arc.

I’d like to do a few simple things with Indigo; light up a specific Insteon keypad when a Sonos device in the same room starts playing (we’re using AirPlay or the Sonos app for the audio source), program keys on that keypad to send simple commands like play/pause, next track, and volume, and dim the keypad when audio stops.

Is there a way to do this with the current plugin? The only models listed are older-gen, and while I’ve had some success setting the device as “ZonePlayer”, the behavior is inconsistent, and sometimes just doesn’t work.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:37 am
gt3mike offline

Re: Late-gen Sonos hardware

I have several new Sonos devices, including Amp, and they work fine with Indigo. The only issue I have seen is the plug-in gets confused when the Move is on battery and goes to sleep to conserve power.

Posted on
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:47 am
vml offline

Thanks for the reply! What device do you select in the plugin config?

Posted on
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:54 am
gt3mike offline

I have a mixed environment that started with S1 devices and then I upgraded to S2. My plugin is pointing to a Play:5 Gen 2.

Posted on
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:58 pm
vml offline

gt3mike wrote:
I have a mixed environment that started with S1 devices and then I upgraded to S2. My plugin is pointing to a Play:5 Gen 2.

Working like a charm – thank you!

Posted on
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:56 pm
pgershon offline

Are either of you having issues getting Sirius XM to work on Sonos with S2? Mine worked great until recently - now wont download stations and gives a communications error.

Posted on
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:17 pm
gt3mike offline

Sorry, but I don't use Sirius XM.

Posted on
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:00 am
AutoMation01 offline

I suspect everyone using this plugin is facing the SiriusXM issue. It appears that the service (on the server) the plugin is using for SiriusXM channels is no longer serving the API. Thus the plugin errors out when trying to login. I would be interested to confirm if the SiriusXM functions of the plugin are still working for anyone ???? If so .... please respond.

I was able to hack around the plugin functions and integrate another XM radio script to login to SiriusXM and use their SiriusXM REST-API to serve up the channel services. Not clear what I may have broke within the plugin along the way (if anything) ..... :-) but it seems to work now .... at least for the SiriusXM functions for my control panel buttons & Sonos status calls that I am using.

Is the Plugin author still around or no longer active? Should be an easy fix if he knows the server name where the service was migrated to. Would just need to change the URL to point to the new server? Unless the service is sunset and no longer available, in which case would take some additional fiddling to find another API and integrate into the script (which is what I did for the hacked version for my personal use).

I am hesitant to post my hack without owners permission since the plugin base is not my code.

BTW ... the error about the Plugin update server when the Plugin starts up is a similar issue ... This seems to be pointing to the Plugin author's website (which seems to no longer be actively maintained), this is used by the Plugin to verify the current version for avilable updates. I turned this check function off as well so no errors are reported on the personal version of the plugin when it starts up.

Posted on
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:00 pm
pgershon offline

Thanks for the post. It is not clear to me whether Sirius removed their XM channel list that the author used, or if Sirius added a layer of authentication that the plugin does not use. I had planned to try to get the authentication to work, but if you have another solution, I would appreciate whatever you can share. Feel free to PM me.

Posted on
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:31 pm
nlagaros offline

please send me your hack. i'd be happy to integrate and republish is straightforward. i've not had the time to commit to the plugin so apologies to all.

AutoMation01 wrote:
I suspect everyone using this plugin is facing the SiriusXM issue. It appears that the service (on the server) the plugin is using for SiriusXM channels is no longer serving the API. Thus the plugin errors out when trying to login. I would be interested to confirm if the SiriusXM functions of the plugin are still working for anyone ???? If so .... please respond.

I was able to hack around the plugin functions and integrate another XM radio script to login to SiriusXM and use their SiriusXM REST-API to serve up the channel services. Not clear what I may have broke within the plugin along the way (if anything) ..... :-) but it seems to work now .... at least for the SiriusXM functions for my control panel buttons & Sonos status calls that I am using.

Is the Plugin author still around or no longer active? Should be an easy fix if he knows the server name where the service was migrated to. Would just need to change the URL to point to the new server? Unless the service is sunset and no longer available, in which case would take some additional fiddling to find another API and integrate into the script (which is what I did for the hacked version for my personal use).

I am hesitant to post my hack without owners permission since the plugin base is not my code.

BTW ... the error about the Plugin update server when the Plugin starts up is a similar issue ... This seems to be pointing to the Plugin author's website (which seems to no longer be actively maintained), this is used by the Plugin to verify the current version for avilable updates. I turned this check function off as well so no errors are reported on the personal version of the plugin when it starts up.

Posted on
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:26 pm
AutoMation01 offline

Thank you .... sent you a copy of the script via email ..... Hope this helps in some small way to create an updated and supportable version of the plugin for the community.

Your plugin is great by the way .... Appreciate the work you have put into this.

Best regards

Posted on
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:37 pm
AutoMation01 offline

Here is test plugin version (as a potential temporary workaround). This may restore the SiriusXM functions for you and eliminate the error messages from the SiriusXM communication functions and the Plugin update error message.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmql0kn2tji9n ... n.zip?dl=0

This is only a test and is quite unsupported .... Your mileage may vary depending on what functions you are using within the plugin.

Enjoy ....

Page 1 of 1