Sonos speaker control

Posted on
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:26 am
Colly offline

Sonos speaker control

Anyone else having issues with volume control with the Sonos plugin, V 1.0.16. I can set the volume to a specific level but can't get volume up or down to work, see error below:
Code: Select all
   Sonos Error                     Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 117, in actionVolumeDown
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1239, in actionDirect
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Also I can't get the "Toggle Play" to work properly, it will Play when paused but won't Pause. These issues have been here for a while for me but only getting around to posting now as I just linked up my Amazon Music account to Sonos App and reviewing my setup :)

Posted on
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:48 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Sonos speaker control

Seems like the plugin is not receiving any updates from your Zone Players. Can you restart the plugin and post the log please.

Colly wrote:
Anyone else having issues with volume control with the Sonos plugin, V 1.0.16. I can set the volume to a specific level but can't get volume up or down to work, see error below:
Code: Select all
   Sonos Error                     Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 117, in actionVolumeDown
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1239, in actionDirect
Also I can't get the "Toggle Play" to work properly, it will Play when paused but won't Pause. These issues have been here for a while for me but only getting around to posting now as I just linked up my Amazon Music account to Sonos App and reviewing my setup :)

Posted on
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:31 pm
Colly offline

Hi Nick,
Figured this one out myself and should've known better. I changed my Fibre provider recently and with that the IP address of my Indigo server changed and I of course didn't update it in the plugin. Thanks for your reply in any case.
Colly

Posted on
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:54 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Anybody run into this problem. I am simply trying to adjust the volume of one of my Sonos speakers.

Action Group Office - Volume Up
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 120, in actionVolumeUp
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2021.2/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1288, in actionDirect

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:32 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Anyone else having this problem? I can mute and unmute but cannot adjust volume of Sonos devices.

Action Group Sonos Office Volume Up
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 120, in actionVolumeUp
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.2/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1288, in actionDirect

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Page 1 of 1