MacOS Catalina rejects Sonos plugin

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:43 pm
JoeIndi offline

MacOS Catalina rejects Sonos plugin

Upgraded my Mac Mini to Catalina and it went well for most of the Indigo server and its plugins except for the Sonos one, Sonos.IndigoPlugin version 1.0.15

None of the scenes or devices using the Sonos plugin would work.

The MacOS (and not the Indigo server) pops up a message asking to Move to trash or Cancel loading Sonos.IndigoPlugin because "the developer cannot be identified". (See attachment).

I hit Cancel and the message pops up again. When I cancel again few times it stops appearing. Only at that time all scenes using the Sonos plugin would work.

But moments later, the MacOS message pops up again. Any scheduled scene using the Sonos plugin will evidently not work until I log on to the Mac hosting the indigo server, cancel the message few times and then execute the scheduled scene manually.

Any solution?

Thanks

Joe
Attachments
SonosPluginIssue_Catalina_20191017.png
SonosPluginIssue_Catalina_20191017.png (26.74 KiB) Viewed 6134 times
Last edited by JoeIndi on Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:04 pm
siclark offline

Re: MacOS Catalina rejects Sonos plugin

I had this for a beta of the Utilities plugin but strangely my Sonos plugin is fine and hadn't had this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:30 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

From the Terminal try clearing the quarantine bit from the extended file attributes:

Code: Select all
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.4/Plugins

You'll need to enter your macOS password for the command to complete.

Posted on
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:02 pm
JoeIndi offline

Thank you so much Matt for the quick response and the solution.

It worked!

To certify resolution I even restarted the Indigo server, later the Mac, waited for scheduled actions ... All went well, everything works as usual and no more message.

Case closed :)

Thanks!

Joe

Posted on
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:19 pm
eme jota ce offline

matt (support) wrote:
From the Terminal try clearing the quarantine bit from the extended file attributes:

Code: Select all
sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.4/Plugins

You'll need to enter your macOS password for the command to complete.

Worked for me, too. Thanks Matt!

Posted on
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:07 am
MartynD offline

I still have this error, having tried Matt's suggestion. The app is disabled and I cannot do anything with it.

This is from the error log :
Starting plugin "Sonos 1.0.16" (pid 18081)
Clock Display Starting clock timer at 00 seconds
Error timeout waiting for plugin "Sonos 1.0.16" (pid 18081) to initialize

18 Nov 2019 at 09:58:20
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 9, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 49, in <module>
ImportError: No module named language_codes

Stopping plugin "Sonos 1.0.16" (pid 18081)
Stopped plugin "Sonos 1.0.16"

18 Nov 2019 at 09:58:49
Error plugin "Sonos.indigoPlugin" is missing file: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist

Any idea's?

Martyn

Posted on
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:45 am
DaveL17 offline

The error you're seeing doesn't sound like a permissions issue. I would try stopping and restarting the Indigo server. If the error still remains, then I would download the plugin again and reinstall it.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:39 am
MartynD offline

Done all that - more than once, still the same issue. Also tried downgrading to an earlier version, which did work in Catalina after the Catalina upgrade, but now will not. It seems the problem has been doing the Sonos upgrade.........

Martyn

Posted on
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:24 pm
kwijibo007 offline

I’ve seen this on my Doorbird plugin and the Pushover plugin on a new Mac. After getting the message I went to settings -> security and privacy and there was a message that the plugin had been blocked. I ok’d the message and restarted the plugin. This worked for both plugins.

Strangely, I also installed the Super Conditions plugin at the same time and it was fine.

Posted on
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

kwijibo007 wrote:
Strangely, I also installed the Super Conditions plugin at the same time and it was fine.

IMO, Apple has finally crossed the line when it comes to security. When you spend more time trying to get around security than it takes to actually install something, you've gone overboard and it's time for a major rethink. At the very least, there needs to be a system-wide "turn off all this security crap" setting for power users who know what they are doing. macOS is becoming more and more Windows-like in this respect - that is, unusable.

Unfortunately, it's really starting to hurt ISVs (like us) that provide complex, server-like, extensible products. Look for a blog post on the topic in the near future.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:56 am
MartynD offline

kwijibo007 wrote:
I’ve seen this on my Doorbird plugin and the Pushover plugin on a new Mac. After getting the message I went to settings -> security and privacy and there was a message that the plugin had been blocked. I ok’d the message and restarted the plugin. This worked for both plugins.

You are correct, message in security about the app being blocked. I accepted app, but still unable to use it. It says the app is loaded, it is green in the plugin list, but I cannot add a device, there is no Sonos device type available in add new device window. I have tried deleting the app in preferences and plugins, it is not there now, but it still shows in the plugin list on Indigo app, and when I try to install the soon plugin it says it is already installed. Where might it be?

Martyn

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:46 am
MartynD offline

Scratch all that, Sonos is now working. How? .. I do not know. I just left it for a few minutes, Logged out of the Mac mini where Indigo server is, came back to Indigo client on the laptop and Sonos was there, ready to go, I have just configured and tested and it seems to be fine.
jay (support) wrote:
kwijibo007 wrote:
Strangely, I also installed the Super Conditions plugin at the same time and it was fine

IMO, Apple has finally crossed the line when it comes to security. When you spend more time trying to get around security than it takes to actually install something, you've gone overboard and it's time for a major rethink. At the very least, there needs to be a system-wide "turn off all this security crap" setting for power users who know what they are doing. macOS is becoming more and more Windows-like in this respect - that is, unusable.

Unfortunately, it's really starting to hurt ISVs (like us) that provide complex, server-like, extensible products. Look for a blog post on the topic in the near future.

I have to agree, security is good - obviously - but it should be much easier to accept known developers, especially when all you are doing is updating. When we know what we are doing there should be some sort of global setting to allow downloads - by all means a screen warning, but, you should be able to override without too many key presses and screen changes.

Martyn

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Because the OS had quarantined the file, Indigo Server wouldn't have known about it (or at the very least it would have been stopped from using it). So restarting the server (by logging out and back in) allowed the Indigo Server to attempt to load the plugin again, after the plugin had been removed from quarantine. At least, that's my guess... :?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:42 am
MartynD offline

Sounds reasonable, anyway, it now works which is the most important thing, still fills the event log with errors mind.......

Thanks for everyone's help.

Martyn

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:28 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I can't get Sonos plugin to work any more. It was working until a few days ago. I have been on Catalina since it was available so doesn't seem like that would be the problem. I have downloaded and installed the plugin multiple times. I notice the Configure option is missing from the menu. Also did Matt's terminal command. Here is what I am getting....

Error plugin "Sonos.indigoPlugin" is missing file: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-12-11 17.27.04.png
Screenshot 2019-12-11 17.27.04.png (114.8 KiB) Viewed 5572 times

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude