MacOS Catalina rejects Sonos plugin

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:45 pm
siclark offline

Re: MacOS Catalina rejects Sonos plugin

What happens when you go to the plugin file, right click and do show package contents? Is the info.plist file there?

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:18 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Yes, it appears there in the plugin file, but the file does not appear in the Plugins folder. Very strange behavior. In addition to MacOS not verifying the plugin, I see a second file appearing I have never seen before. Does it have anything to do with Sonos plugin? I have tried restarting Indigo, rebooting MacOS. Getting another error message I have not seen before.

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 49, in <module>
ImportError: No module named language_codes
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-12-11 18.17.19.png
Screenshot 2019-12-11 18.17.19.png (380.51 KiB) Viewed 6946 times

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:46 am
wideglidejrp offline

The software I questioned is /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext. It dates back to 2012 and apparently doesn't do anything according to my research. I deleted it anyway.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:10 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I was able to get it working on one Catalina machine but at a second home, I cannot get the plugin installed. I have tried everything I can think of: clearing the quarantine bit, clicking the open anyway option, rebooting, etc. Any ideas? Does Apple make it difficult for a developer to get verified?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:40 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I was able to get it working. I cannot explain exactly how. I think it would be much easier if all developers were identifiable by Apple although I don't know what that entails.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

wideglidejrp wrote:
I was able to get it working. I cannot explain exactly how. I think it would be much easier if all developers were identifiable by Apple although I don't know what that entails.

Not difficult to get a developer account (though it costs $ as far as I remember). Unbelievably difficult to get stuff signed/notarized so that Catalina doesn't have heartburn. Matt's been working well over a month to get 7.4 installing and working with the new signing/notarization. Apple is really killing app developers with this idiotic and poorly documented "security" feature. I guess if reducing the number of apps available on the Mac can be considered "added security" then they're going a great job. :roll: :(

This isn't something that many of our developers would be able to easily accomplish. Fortunately, for the moment most plugins aren't effected since they just use python source files only.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:31 pm
wideglidejrp offline

The Sonos plugin is totally consuming me. If the $ to Apple is reasonable, I would be willing to pay it for Nick. I am getting the same dialog others have gotten as shown. But, it is worse than that. Clicking either Move to Trash or Cancel results in the dialog box disappearing for a half-second and then it reappears. You can't escape it. After clicking on the one of the buttons a dozen or so times it goes away and takes the plugin with it. The plugin then shows a different menu as below. Configure is missing. Next I disabled the plugin and then removed it from the deactivated plugins folder and then emptied trash. Then trying to install the plugin, I get the "cannot be opened" dialog again. I go to security preferences and the "install anyway" option doesn't appear. Then I click the Cancel button and then the "install anyway" option appears. Clicking it does nothing the first time but then a second time and then a dialog says it can't install because it is already installed, even though there is no file on the iMac named Sonos anything. Eventually with various clicks the plugin installs. Then I set a schedule to reload the plugin late at night. When that happens, the "cannot be opened" dialog comes back. I am in a loop. I have tried reboots. Anybody else having these problems?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 5.24.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 5.24.32 PM.png (350.54 KiB) Viewed 6783 times
Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 4.32.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 4.32.39 PM.png (28.68 KiB) Viewed 6783 times

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I know previously you said you did already, but try again the Terminal command. Be sure and leave the plugin enabled (don't disable it or it won't be in the folder the Terminal command targets). Also shutdown the Indigo Server first.

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.4/Plugins
(enter macOS admin password when prompted)

Posted on
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 am
wideglidejrp offline

I ran the command. The plugin menu still is missing the Configure item. I tried to reload and got the following. Any clues there?

Sonos Error versionCheck: Unable to reach the version server.
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution startup:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 36, in startup
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 281, in startup
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 2287, in closedPrefsConfigUi
KeyError: key rootZPIP not found in dict

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:48 am
wideglidejrp offline

Got the plugin running. Rebooted iMac and Sonos device. Configure does now appear in menu. However, upon reloading the plugin, my log fills with red. A snipped of it below. Do others have problems like this? I had the same problems at a second house but was able to get everything working. At the home where I am now, I am ready to give up. Any ideas for how to diagnose this?

Sonos Error versionCheck: Unable to reach the version server.
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution startup:

File "plugin.py", line 36, in startup
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 281, in startup
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 2287, in closedPrefsConfigUi
KeyError: key rootZPIP not found in dict

Sonos Error exception in deviceStartComm(Sonos - Dining Room): cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
Sonos Error exception in deviceStartComm(Sonos - Mbath): cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
Sonos Error exception in deviceStartComm(Sonos - MBR): cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
Sonos Error exception in deviceStartComm(Sonos - MBR Closet): cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
Sonos Error exception in deviceStartComm(Sonos - Media Room Playbar): cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
Sonos Error exception in deviceStartComm(Sonos - Office): cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 47, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 374, in runConcurrentThread
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 am
wideglidejrp offline

Stuck again. I was able to get v1.0.17 working at my other home but where I am now, I cannot get it going. I have used settings to "open anyway", then I get a message it is already installed. I look in the plugin enabled and disabled folders and there are no Sonos files. I restart Indigo, reboot the Mac. Configure does not appear in the menu (see screenshot). Anybody else have these problems? Is there a set of steps I can take to get the plugin working?
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-05-06 10.38.05.png
Screenshot 2020-05-06 10.38.05.png (135.61 KiB) Viewed 6361 times

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Wed May 06, 2020 12:47 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I would suggest the following in this order:

1) Stop the Indigo Server.
2) Delete the Sonos plugin from Indigo's Plugins folder.
3) Reboot your Mac.
4) Stop the Indigo Server if it was restarted after the reboot.
5) Download a new copy of the plugin. Do NOT double click to install it.
6) Unzip the plugin if it is still has the .zip extension (browser might have already done this; if so skip this step). Do NOT double click to install it.
7) Move the Sonos plugin (do not double click) into your Indigo's Plugins folder (same folder you deleted the plugin from on step #2)
8) Run the command from the Terminal to clear the quarantine bit on all your Plugins:

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.4/Plugins
(enter password and leave Terminal window open. if these steps do not work copy/paste the Terminal window results into a reply for us to see what occurred)

9) Start the Indigo Server and try the plugin. <cross fingers>

Posted on
Wed May 06, 2020 3:11 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Thanks for taking time to outline the detailed steps. I followed them. The good news is the plugin is now installed and Configure appears in the menu. The bad news is something is still wrong. The string of errors repeats every 10 seconds. Sonos is working. Favorites are loaded. Indigo action groups to do various things work. I cannot recognize anything in the error information I can take action on.

Action Group Sonos Play XM - Symphony Hall
Sonos ZonePlayer: Sonos - Workshop, Play SiriusXM: 76 - Classical Music with Preston Trombly
MyQ Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 78, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 394, in getDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/models.py", line 816, in json
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

MyQ Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/requests/models.py", line 816, in json
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode

MyQ Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Wed May 06, 2020 4:09 pm
FlyingDiver offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
Thanks for taking time to outline the detailed steps. I followed them. The good news is the plugin is now installed and Configure appears in the menu. The bad news is something is still wrong. The string of errors repeats every 10 seconds. Sonos is working. Favorites are loaded. Indigo action groups to do various things work. I cannot recognize anything in the error information I can take action on.

Code: Select all
Action Group                    Sonos Play XM - Symphony Hall
   Sonos                           ZonePlayer: Sonos - Workshop, Play SiriusXM: 76 - Classical Music with Preston Trombly
   MyQ Error                       Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

MyQ Error                       plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

MyQ Error                       plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

That error is from the MyQ plugin. It has nothing to do with Sonos. See viewtopic.php?f=214&t=23915

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed May 06, 2020 4:20 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Duh. I did not recognize the name MyQ. Thanks for straightening me out.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude