Support for Ikea symfonisk

Posted on
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:50 am
haavarda offline

Support for Ikea symfonisk

Ikea has just released 2 new speakers in cooperation with Sonos.
https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/symfonisk-by-sonos-and-ikea

I have just picked up the square one. Is it possible to add support for this in the plugin?

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:02 pm
mundmc offline

Re: Support for Ikea symfonisk

Gigantic +1

Posted on
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:21 pm
nlagaros offline

What happens when you try it?

Posted on
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:06 am
haavarda offline

Hmmm
When I first added it, I got a lot of errors. That is when I posted the request for it to be supported. But when I now try to enable com again it seams to be working fine.
I have configured it as play3.

Perhaps it just needed some server restarts to work properly?

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:55 pm
mundmc offline

Lol. I ordered one, cancelled it upon seeing this post, and re-ordered it.

Posted on
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:55 am
DaveL17 offline

I'm curious how good the units sound. The Sonos units are pricey, but they do sound pretty good for the money.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:25 am
haavarda offline

Well sound quality is always very subjective... But as the owner of play1, play3, play5 and a b&w setup I think they sound really good. And I love the practical aspect of replacing 2 CD players in the kids room with these units

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:11 pm
DaveL17 offline

Thanks -- I'm glad to hear that they sound good. Given their US$100 price tag, there's little risk I suppose!

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:45 am
haavarda offline

I am not sure if the error below is related to the new sonos devices. But anyone that know what the cause might be?

Code: Select all
Sonos Error                     [Sun Aug 18 11:42:42 2019] [Sonos - Dining area]: avTransport subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Sun Aug 18 11:42:42 2019] [Sonos - Dining area]: renderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Sun Aug 18 11:42:42 2019] [Sonos - Dining area]: zoneGroupTopology subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Sun Aug 18 11:42:42 2019] [Sonos - Dining area]: queue subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Sun Aug 18 11:42:42 2019] [Sonos - Dining area]: groupRenderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Sun Aug 18 11:42:42 2019] [Sonos - Dining area]: contentDirectory subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Sun Aug 18 11:42:42 2019] [Sonos - Dining area]: groupManagement subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Sun Aug 18 11:42:42 2019] [Sonos - Dining area]: audioIn subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos                           LineIn: Removed: RINCON_000E5836482C01400, Mac-datamaskin:Spisestue
   Sonos                           LineIn: RINCON_000E5836482C01400, Mac-datamaskin:Spisestue
   Sonos                           Loaded Playlists... [15]
   Sonos                           ZonePlayer: Sonos - Dining area, Save Queue: Indigo_RINCON_000E5836482C01400
   Sonos                           Loaded Playlists... [15]

Håvard

Posted on
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:06 pm
danalwebb offline

I also purchased a pair of the new IKEA/Sonos bookshelf speakers recently and see the same errors. Even worse, the plugin also seems to cause stability problems with the speakers maintaining a wi-fi connection which stops when I disable it. My Sonos Connect device doesn't seem to have problems but, of course, it's wired ethernet. For me, the Sonos plugin is unusable unless there is some settings that I have not tried.

To those who are considering a purchase, I can recommend them for surrounds or the casual bathroom/kitchen niche speaker for which they are marketed.

Posted on
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:32 pm
mundmc offline

danalwebb wrote:
I also purchased a pair of the new IKEA/Sonos bookshelf speakers recently and see the same errors. Even worse, the plugin also seems to cause stability problems with the speakers maintaining a wi-fi connection which stops when I disable it. My Sonos Connect device doesn't seem to have problems but, of course, it's wired ethernet. For me, the Sonos plugin is unusable unless there is some settings that I have not tried.

To those who are considering a purchase, I can recommend them for surrounds or the casual bathroom/kitchen niche speaker for which they are marketed.

To clarify- are the Ikea speakers affecting connectivity of OTHER sonos speakers in your setup? That’s my read, and also unfortunately a deal breaker if so.

(Full disclosure my symfonbork is still sitting in my shop and I have yet to experiment with it)

Posted on
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:36 pm
danalwebb offline

No, all of my Ikea/Sonos speakers work fine amongst themselves with the hard-wired Sonos Connect. I'm still debugging the setup but perhaps the wi-fi traffic incurred with the plugin is causing the problems. I'll post more of my findings as I tinker with the plugin configuration and wi-fi settings.

Page 1 of 1