Sonos Error ... Resubscribing...

Posted on
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:10 pm
toppledwagon offline

Sonos Error ... Resubscribing...

Hello,

I'm having an issue with excessive log messages. Approximately every 8 minutes I'm getting these errors in the log.
Code: Select all
   Sonos Error                     [Tue Dec 11 12:59:42 2018] [Sound Bar]: avTransport subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Tue Dec 11 12:59:42 2018] [Sound Bar]: renderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Tue Dec 11 12:59:42 2018] [Sound Bar]: zoneGroupTopology subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Tue Dec 11 12:59:42 2018] [Sound Bar]: queue subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Tue Dec 11 12:59:42 2018] [Sound Bar]: groupRenderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Tue Dec 11 12:59:42 2018] [Sound Bar]: contentDirectory subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Tue Dec 11 12:59:42 2018] [Sound Bar]: groupManagement subscription failed.  Resubscribing...

I have only one Sonos, the Sound Bar listed above. I'm running The Sonos 1.0.12 plugin on Indigo 7.1.1. All of those are the current versions as of the date of this posting. I have seen this error for a number of Sonos Plugin releases.

This error is not causing any functionality issues, but it does clutter up the log file. I've attempted restarting the Sonos Plugin to no avail. I don't know where to look in the config to see what might be the problem.

Thanks,
-Dave

Posted on
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:49 pm
siclark offline

Re: Sonos Error ... Resubscribing...

It's as common problem. Is the soundbar wired or wireless? I'm guessing wireless so try changing the Sonos wireless channel, and try changing to use WiFi or Sonos net depending on what you are currently using.
Failing that see my previous post on how to capture errors and restart plugin which normally cures things for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:37 pm
dnomode offline

I'm getting these errors as well with my PlayBar
Code: Select all
Dec 27, 2018 at 1:25:54 PM
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:25:54 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: avTransport subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:25:54 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: renderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:25:54 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: contentDirectory subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos                           ZonePlayer: Sonos Play Bar Family Room, Cannot Save Queue for Slave

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:26:09 PM
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:26:09 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: avTransport subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:26:09 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: renderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:26:09 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: contentDirectory subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos                           ZonePlayer: Sonos Play Bar Family Room, Cannot Save Queue for Slave

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:26:24 PM
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:26:24 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: avTransport subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:26:24 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: renderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:26:24 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: contentDirectory subscription failed.  Resubscribing...

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:26:39 PM
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:26:39 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: avTransport subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:26:39 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: renderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 27 13:26:39 2018] [Sonos Play Bar Family Room]: contentDirectory subscription failed.  Resubscribing...

I have a Sonos Boost that is hardwired, however the PlayBar is wireless. I received the Playbar as a Christmas gift and everything worked great before adding the PlayBar. Before I had just a ConnectAmp. Not sure if it matters, however the ConnectAmp is setup as the rear speakers now.

Any ideas?

Edmond

Posted on
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:36 am
dnomode offline

OK, I got this working.

So first some background information. I have a small system. Just one room with a PlayBar and a ConnectAmp. The ConnectAmp worked fine before getting the PlayBar for Christmas. Now the ConnectAmp is setup as the rear speakers in the same room with the PlayBar.

Once I setup the PlayBar I deleted the ConnectAmp from Indigo and setup a new SONOS Zone Player device using the IP of the PlayBar. Thats when everything started going down hill.

First thing I did was setup my SONOS system to use my Wifi Network as siclark recommended below. However this gave me some new errors.

So I deleted my SONOS device in Indigo and disabled the plugin, deleted the plugin from Plugins (disabled) folder and the preference file from that folder.

After reinstalling the plugin, I notice that the plugin was using the ConnectAmp IP as the reference zone player.

So I created a new SONOS Zone Player device in Indigo using the IP of the ConnectAmp and now everything works great.

I hope this helps someone.

Happy New Year everyone.
Edmond

Posted on
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:02 pm
DPattee offline

Sonos plugin seems to /really/ hate power outages...

I, unsurprisingly, don't have my speakers on UPSes but my servers are - so Indigo keeps running through a power failure.

I ended up with 500 lines of errors during a 15 minute power outage.

Can a log level selection be added to the plugin configuration so I can just suppress all the 'Resubscribing...' errors completely?

Page 1 of 1