New API support

Posted on
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:16 am
agh98 offline

New API support

Today’s announcement by Sonos of enhanced API support (not to mention the new Amp product) seems like a great opportunity for us to expand our Indigo integrations in new ways. Can’t wait to see what Sonos has in store for us, particularly as they seem to now appreciate the importance of opening up their platform to stay competitive.

Posted on
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:17 am
rapamatic offline

Re: New API support

I'm the most excited about built-in support for announcements - the way it does that now is so hacky....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:46 am
MarcoGT offline

Now that new API are out, IFTTT has also a Sonos Channel
It works fine with E-Mail (where some delay is OK, for example "leave home --> stop sonos")

There are also applets based on location

Posted on
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:00 pm
nlagaros offline

This is from the Sonos Dev Site. They are not quite there yet:

Audio clip

You can now play short audio clips on Sonos speakers. Check out the audioClip namespace for details.

This namespace is experimental. Some of the functionality may not yet work as documented. For example, the AUDIO_CLIP capability in the player object has not yet been released, so you won’t be able to tell which players support audio clips and which do not. Currently, the only players that support audio clips are the Sonos One and the Beam. See the groups object for details about capabilities.

We’ll let you know when we’ve added more functionality. Keep an eye on this blog for details.

rapamatic wrote:
I'm the most excited about built-in support for announcements - the way it does that now is so hacky....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:45 pm
roussell offline

I’m not excited to have the new API as it stands; it’s cloud based and while yes Sonos streams from the cloud, I have a ton of local Music that I don’t want to depend on the cloud for integration.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:03 pm
nlagaros offline

No worries Terry - there are two APIs: one for local access to players and relevant functions and one for music services and special functions like announcements. The latter is cloud based. The formed does things do differently than I have done for a few years.

I do not plan on removing what I have done, but only adding the cloud based as an option when it is available and I can get to it.

Posted on
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:55 pm
MarcoGT offline

roussell wrote:
I’m not excited to have the new API as it stands; it’s cloud based and while yes Sonos streams from the cloud, I have a ton of local Music that I don’t want to depend on the cloud for integration.

Terry

Uhm...I do not ger your point.
What do you mean with part in bold?
Does it mean that with the new API cloud you will not be able to stream your music directly from your device to your Sonos without cloud?

Posted on
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:44 am
siclark offline

nlagaros wrote:
No worries Terry - there are two APIs: one for local access to players and relevant functions and one for music services and special functions like announcements. The latter is cloud based. The formed does things do differently than I have done for a few years.

I do not plan on removing what I have done, but only adding the cloud based as an option when it is available and I can get to it.

Does that mean there will be no change for local control to use the local access API? I was hoping this would give more stable control than the current method which gives me lots of errors regularly.

Posted on
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:55 am
MarcoGT offline

Exactly, I also get a lot of errors and unfortunately I had to disable it
As workaround I am using IFTTT with the new Sonos channel

Page 1 of 1