Error after Sonos Plugin 1.09 Update

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:30 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Error after Sonos Plugin 1.09 Update

Not sure if this is a 1.09 issue or if it's because I updated my Sonos controller software and player firmware (probably the latter). I awoke today to the Sonos plugin using about 8G(!) of memory pressure and the following messages in the log every 5 seconds for each player:

Code: Select all
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 28 06:48:55 2017] [Office Sonos Play 3]: avTransport subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 28 06:48:55 2017] [Office Sonos Play 3]: renderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 28 06:48:55 2017] [Office Sonos Play 3]: zoneGroupTopology subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 28 06:48:55 2017] [Office Sonos Play 3]: queue subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 28 06:48:55 2017] [Office Sonos Play 3]: groupRenderingControl subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 28 06:48:55 2017] [Office Sonos Play 3]: contentDirectory subscription failed.  Resubscribing...
   Sonos Error                     [Thu Dec 28 06:48:55 2017] [Office Sonos Play 3]: groupManagement subscription failed.  Resubscribing...

Restarting the plugin seems to have sorted the issue.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:47 am
roussell offline

Dave, I've noticed that same error loop after updating the Sonos system in previous versions too. I've started shutting down the plugin before/during Sonos upgrades and then restarting it afterwards and no longer get the error. I've thought about trying to detect the conditions that cause it in a trigger, then shutting down and restarting a few minutes later, but haven't put any real effort into it. Since I'm not on the Sonos beta any longer, the updates aren't frequent enough to make it on my radar I suppose.

Terry

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:09 am
DaveL17 offline

Yeah, thanks Terry. The trick is in the remembering. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm
ryanbuckner offline

I upgraded my Sonos plugin and now it won't start. I reverted back to 1.08 to get it to work

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:38 am
koburg offline

koburg wrote:
roussell wrote:
koburg wrote:
Ok so we can test The older versions. The Announcement are very slow. And Still The mp3 File Announcement is not working sonos Still say File is not correct encoded. The mp3 File plays fine when aded thru folder in The sonos app.

As a test I set up an action group with a single entry - Speak "This is a test message." to Sonos. I'm seeing consistently 3 seconds between clicking the "Execute Action" button in Indigo and hearing the speech begin. This is local -no cloud- Using Apple's Samantha voice. I prefer local to cloud for all things unless absolutely necessary so I don't use the cloud voices.

What times are you guys seeing and what platform/voice? If you could setup sometime similar to the above to test, perhaps that could help Nick isolate the problem.

Terry

I have now tried to install this https://github.com/jishi/node-sonos-http-api

on the raspberry pi and it is working super fast with MP3 files no errors at all using port 5005. and have tried this on the Sonos plugin no luck.
I installed this after using hours on my router with no luck. it seems there is something with the plugin in the indigo/Mac environment.

I have investigated further about the Sonos plugin and the Soco

1. I went on and installed soco on the terminal of the Mac.
2. made my own python script to play same local file from same folder and it is working every time.

so I must conclude that there is something about the Sonos plugin and the soco implementation in the plugin.

Posted on
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:07 am
Gusten offline

Hi

I have the same issue and i would like to downgrade.

But how is the correct way to downgrade a plugin?

Thanx

/Martin

Posted on
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:19 pm
koburg offline

Error after Sonos Plugin 1.09 Update

You Can downgrade With link from earlier post In this thread. But if it is because of The SoCo error, it is NOT working On earlier versions. So far i have tested back to 1.06.

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:46 pm
mvignola29 offline

Can not get this version of the plug in to work, just may errors

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Sonos Loaded Sonos Favorites... [3]
Sonos Loaded Playlists... [14]
Sonos Loaded RadioTime Favorite Stations... [2]
Sonos [Sat Jan 27 13:42:52 2018] Processed plugin preferences.
Sonos SoCo Reactor Ignition...
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 47, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 365, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 482, in socoSubTest
KeyError: (796750848,)

Sonos Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 365, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 482, in socoSubTest

Also the installation instruction are missing almost all of the info, It only shows the first two steps

Any help is appreciated

Michael

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:13 pm
neilk offline

So this worked for me :-

1) Stop the plugin before the upgrade
2) Once you upgrade you will get the errors in the log
3) Go to the plugin configuration and add the indigo IP address to the "Event Listener IP Address"
4) Restart the plugin

For me, then all was good.

Posted on
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:14 pm
mvignola29 offline

Did exactly as you outline and still get errors

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:12:30 PM

Still same issues

Michael

Posted on
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:16 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I am having tons of errors with v1.09. Anyone have a link to get v1.08? I would like to test if 1.09 is the problem. I am unable to get any action group to work to play SiriusXM or Pandora. Amazon Music and TuneIn radio stations work fine. When I load the plugin, it shows that Pandora and SiriusXM music was loaded but I cannot create an action group to play. The music choices do not appear in the edit dialog.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:20 am
siclark offline

I have the same problem, getting repeated error messages about all my sonos devices having fallen off the network, although 2 of them are playing with no issues. Its killing my log

7 Feb 2018 at 13:09:45
Sonos Error [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] ZonePlayer: Sonos Bedroom has fallen off the network.
Sonos Error [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] Resubscription due to timeout for ZonePlayer: Sonos Bedroom
Sonos Debug [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] Unsubscribing to ZonePlayer: Sonos Bedroom
Sonos Error [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] ZonePlayer: Sonos Kitchen has fallen off the network.
Sonos Error [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] Resubscription due to timeout for ZonePlayer: Sonos Kitchen
Sonos Debug [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] Unsubscribing to ZonePlayer: Sonos Kitchen
Sonos Error [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] ZonePlayer: Sonos Lounge has fallen off the network.
Sonos Error [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] Resubscription due to timeout for ZonePlayer: Sonos Lounge
Sonos Debug [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] Unsubscribing to ZonePlayer: Sonos Lounge
Sonos Error [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] ZonePlayer: Sonos Study has fallen off the network.
Sonos Error [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] Resubscription due to timeout for ZonePlayer: Sonos Study
Sonos Debug [Wed Feb 7 13:09:45 2018] Unsubscribing to ZonePlayer: Sonos Study

I have downgraded to 1.07 and have the same issues.

I did solve my issue with missing favourites from the edit dialog as per wideglidejrp below by editing favourites in Sonos app and reloading the sonos plugin.

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:51 am
siclark offline

I have now setup a trigger based on Sonos event ZonePlayer not available to run this script to reload the plugin.

plugin = indigo.server.getPlugin("com.ssi.indigoplugin.Sonos")
if plugin.isEnabled():
plugin.restart()

The plugin doesnt seem to lose connection to the sonos devices that often so hopefully this should work as a temporary solution.

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 pm
siclark offline

Actually, I take that back. I cant seem to get a trigger to fire on that or by setting State = error. Does anyone know how to create a trigger when the Sonos devices go into error state?

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 pm
chobo offline

Actually, I take that back. I can't seem to get a trigger to fire on that or by setting State = error.

Siclark, chiming in to say I've tried this and a couple of other ideas around state = error or blank with no luck. Have just disabled the Sonos plugin until a fix is ready. 1.0.9 is incredibly unstable in my environment.

Matt & Jay: Any advice on how to programmatically restart this plugin when state = error or no state reported?

TIA!