Problem with Sonos Zone Controller

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:35 pm
JohnS offline

Problem with Sonos Zone Controller

I just tried your Sonos Plugin v0.9.7. All seems to work based on limited testing of my Sonos System.

I do have one question. I have no idea what a Sonos Zone Controller does. Would you explain its purpose. When I tried to create one in Indigo its “Edit Device Settings” was greyed out and Comm was enabled. When I saved the device definition it was greyed out and its Comm was not enabled. I can not enable Comm for the device and I get no error message.

Thanks for a great plugin.

John

Posted on
Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:08 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Problem with Sonos Zone Controller

Right now, there is no use for the ZoneController device. I created for some experimentation - I may use it in the future as a type of master ZonePlayer.

JohnS wrote:
I just tried your Sonos Plugin v0.9.7. All seems to work based on limited testing of my Sonos System.

I do have one question. I have no idea what a Sonos Zone Controller does. Would you explain its purpose. When I tried to create one in Indigo its “Edit Device Settings” was greyed out and Comm was enabled. When I saved the device definition it was greyed out and its Comm was not enabled. I can not enable Comm for the device and I get no error message.

Thanks for a great plugin.

John

Page 1 of 1