Sonos UPNP Error: Bad Metadata

Posted on
Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:33 am
norcoscia offline

Sonos UPNP Error: Bad Metadata

Good morning Nick, I'm hoping you can help me - I just started using your fantastic Sonos Plug-in and I'm working with Group Announcements. When I trigger an announcement it works but the last bit of the announcement is cut off and I get the error below in my event log. I'm running (MAC OS Ver 10.10.5 : Indigo Ver 6.1.6 : Sonos PlugIn Ver 0.9.3). Do you have any ideas about what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Norm

Code: Select all
Feb 28, 2016, 5:22:20 AM
  Trigger                         SONOS Talk Test
  Sonos                           Announcement: Hello, my name is patty I will be talking at dinner later 1234567890, Volume: 75, Line-In: 1136799762
  Sonos                           remove zone from group: Sonos Play 5 In Living Room
  Sonos                           ZonePlayer: Sonos Play 5 In Living Room, Clear Queue
  Sonos Error                     UPNP Error: Bad Metadata
  Sonos Error                     Offending Command -> zoneIP: 192.168.1.25, soapRoot: /MediaRenderer, soapBranch: /AVTransport, soapAction: SetPlayMode
  Sonos                           ZonePlayer: Sonos Play 5 In Living Room, Pause

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:06 am
norcoscia offline

Re: Sonos UPNP Error: Bad Metadata

Please help - I can get the MP3 announcements to work but I hate having a critical interdependency with and external organization - if they change or stop providing the service then my alerts are not produced. I know I can create MP3 files then play them from locally stored files but that is hard to maintain as items in my HA setup inevitably change / evolve.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:17 pm
nlagaros offline

I will as soon as I can. Kind of thrashing right now between my Honeywell Thermostat plugin and my day job. Promise I will spend time in this as soon as possible.

Posted on
Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:39 am
norcoscia offline

Thank you so so much :!:

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:13 pm
nlagaros offline

Give the new version I just posted a try. I added a small delay after the Line-In announcement as well as some logic to clear out the errors post-announcement.

norcoscia wrote:
Thank you so so much :!:

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:37 pm
norcoscia offline

Hi Nick, good news and one issue - the errors are gone (that is the good news) - the cut off of the last bit of the speech is still there. I did more testing and what is happening is odd (to me).

Whichever speaker is first in the list of ZP's is the only one that gets cut off. I verified this by changing the orders of the speaker in the ZP list and whichever speaker is first gets the last second or two cut off. I tried leaving the first slot empty (in the ZP list) but that did not solve it - with the first ZP slot set to none the cutoff moved to the first speaker in the list.

In any case, I wanted to say thanks so much for fixing the errors and I can work around the cut off by simple ending every message with "end of message". If you do have time and have a eureka moment based on my tests and info I'd be glad to try out any fixes you come up with - have a great Sunday and thanks again - you have my vote for best plug-in.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:32 am
nlagaros offline

Thanks for the detailed testing. This actually makes sense to me - it is based on the way I have organized the logic for line-in announcements. I think for the next release I'm going to combine the two announcement actions into one. The line-in announcement is old code from years ago and does not group players before making the announcement. I do have one immediate idea to deal with the cut-off that I will test out.

Page 1 of 1