9.3 set standalone error?

Posted on
Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:43 pm
Seeker offline

9.3 set standalone error?

This is a low-priority oddball issue I think I found.

Background: I have a play:1 in my garage. It plays Sirius when the light is turned on. 99% of the time the garage unit is a standalone zone. But I was playing around with it today.... :D

The action group is:

TRIGGER: device status change, light inside garage, brightness level becomes greater than zero
ACTIONS:
sonos: set player to standalone, garage
sonos: siriusxm channel
sonos: volume

If the garage zone is standalone (like it almost always is), this works fine. But if it is a slave, the above action sets both players to standalone and plays the original master (bedroom unit), not the garage unit that is specified in the action.

First, I added the garage as a slave in a group with another zone (bedroom) via the mac sonos app. I see this in the log.

Code: Select all
Sonos                           ZonePlayer: S4GAR, Cannot Save Queue for Slave
(I don't know if this is an issue or not.)

Then, with the garage unit as a slave in a group with the bedroom, i turn the garage light on.

Z-Wave                          sent "light inside garage" on
  Trigger                         sonos garage light on play octane
  Sonos                           remove zone from group: S4GAR
  Sonos                           ZonePlayer: S4GAR, Play SiriusXM: Octane
  Sonos                           ZonePlayer: S4GAR, Current Volume: 50, New Volume: 50

And the bedroom unit starts playing sirius. It is ungrouped from the garage, so the garage is silent.

Again, a very rare issue for me, but I thought I put it out here for you while I have the info available.

let me know if you need more info. And thanks again for the excellent plugin. 9.3 has been awesomely stable and works great!!!

Posted on
Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:33 am
nlagaros offline

Re: 9.3 set standalone error?

Very interesting issue. I believe this has to do with timing in that the second action is firing before event updates come back from the first. By design, if you issue a play source command to a slave zone, the plugin will apply it to the group master. Since it does not know that the garage is standalone yet, it sends the command to the bedroom zone. At this point, the bedroom already knows that there are no other zones in the group.

As an experiment, can you delay the second and third action in this group by one second?

Seeker wrote:
This is a low-priority oddball issue I think I found.

Background: I have a play:1 in my garage. It plays Sirius when the light is turned on. 99% of the time the garage unit is a standalone zone. But I was playing around with it today.... :D

The action group is:

TRIGGER: device status change, light inside garage, brightness level becomes greater than zero
ACTIONS:
sonos: set player to standalone, garage
sonos: siriusxm channel
sonos: volume

If the garage zone is standalone (like it almost always is), this works fine. But if it is a slave, the above action sets both players to standalone and plays the original master (bedroom unit), not the garage unit that is specified in the action.

First, I added the garage as a slave in a group with another zone (bedroom) via the mac sonos app. I see this in the log.

Sonos                           ZonePlayer: S4GAR, Cannot Save Queue for Slave
(I don't know if this is an issue or not.)

Then, with the garage unit as a slave in a group with the bedroom, i turn the garage light on.

Z-Wave                          sent "light inside garage" on
  Trigger                         sonos garage light on play octane
  Sonos                           remove zone from group: S4GAR
  Sonos                           ZonePlayer: S4GAR, Play SiriusXM: Octane
  Sonos                           ZonePlayer: S4GAR, Current Volume: 50, New Volume: 50

And the bedroom unit starts playing sirius. It is ungrouped from the garage, so the garage is silent.

Again, a very rare issue for me, but I thought I put it out here for you while I have the info available.

let me know if you need more info. And thanks again for the excellent plugin. 9.3 has been awesomely stable and works great!!!

Posted on
Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:58 am
Seeker offline

Re: 9.3 set standalone error?

great observation.

I added a 1 second delay to the play action, and it works properly. thanks.

Page 1 of 1