Ivona saying - (minus) ?

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:48 am
Gusten offline

Ivona saying - (minus) ?

Hi

Iam using the Sonos pluging to say the outside temperatur, and now when its a bit colder i Sweden we get minus degrees.

I´m using an variable that has a negativ value, but the Ivona dont say the "minus"

I checked the Ivona API and it should interpret the - as the word minus

In the logfile it shows the variable with the -

for example -2.7

but the TTS only says 2.7

Any ideas?

/Martin

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:10 am
jens offline

Re: Ivona saying - (minus) ?

How are you doing so that it reads the temperature at all, are grateful for the help .

Jens Alfredsson

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:05 am
Gusten offline

Hi Jens

First i made an variable for the outside temperatur

Then i made an Schedule and set it to every 10 min and set the action to "insert Device State into Variable" and used my outside temp device as device.

Then i created an action Group and used Sonos: Group Announcement MP3 and i uses IVONA Text To Speech

and under Message were i want the temperature to be i used %%v:123456789%% were 123456789 is the variable ID (You can find the variable ID in the variable list)

In my case the message looks like this

God morgon temperaturen ute är %%v:179370724%% grader

Hoppas det löser sig, annars fråga igen :-)

/Martin Gustafsson

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:41 am
nlagaros offline

I will try it out on my end when I'm in front of a ZonePlayer. I did just check to make sure I am passing the "-" properly with the rest of the text for the announcement and indeed I am. You can check on your end by looking at the file pyvona.input in the plugin directory. The last line is the actual text that is passed to IVONA through the Pyvona API.

Gusten wrote:
Hi

Iam using the Sonos pluging to say the outside temperatur, and now when its a bit colder i Sweden we get minus degrees.

I´m using an variable that has a negativ value, but the Ivona dont say the "minus"

I checked the Ivona API and it should interpret the - as the word minus

In the logfile it shows the variable with the -

for example -2.7

but the TTS only says 2.7

Any ideas?

/Martin

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:33 am
haavarda offline

I'm seeing the same thing myself.

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:21 pm
jens offline

Gusten wrote:
Hi Jens

First i made an variable for the outside temperatur

Then i made an Schedule and set it to every 10 min and set the action to "insert Device State into Variable" and used my outside temp device as device.

Then i created an action Group and used Sonos: Group Announcement MP3 and i uses IVONA Text To Speech

and under Message were i want the temperature to be i used %%v:123456789%% were 123456789 is the variable ID (You can find the variable ID in the variable list)

In my case the message looks like this

God morgon temperaturen ute är %%v:179370724%% grader

Hoppas det löser sig, annars fråga igen :-)

/Martin Gustafsson

Tack funkar, nu ska den bara säga (minus) först men inget problem ännu då vi har Plus i skåne nu... :D

//Jens

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:40 pm
kw123 offline

You could replace the - sign with the word minus In a little script. And then put it into the variable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:37 pm
nlagaros offline

So I just tried this with Ivona (using an English voice) and it worked perfectly. Also tried putting a negative number in a variable and that also worked.

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:29 pm
jens offline

nlagaros wrote:
So I just tried this with Ivona (using an English voice) and it worked perfectly. Also tried putting a negative number in a variable and that also worked.

Have the same problem like Martin, whith minus (-) in Swedish

How do you make a script to fix this problem Carl ??

//Jens

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:38 am
haavarda offline

I guess you could just have a trigger that sets a variable to "minus" if the temp gets below 0, and another trigger that sets that variable to " " if the temperature gets above 0.

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:59 am
Gusten offline

I will try it out on my end when I'm in front of a ZonePlayer. I did just check to make sure I am passing the "-" properly with the rest of the text for the announcement and indeed I am. You can check on your end by looking at the file pyvona.input in the plugin directory. The last line is the actual text that is passed to IVONA through the Pyvona API.

Yes i checked and its passes the -

I tried the manual TTS field on Ivona.com and if i uses the the "-" its not saying it when iam using Swedish but if i use English she says it. So it seems like the error is in Ivona when using Swedish

I tried many different language and this error is on many of them (Every i tried exept the English ones)

I will use the a variable that change to the Word "minus" if the temperatur is below 0 for now, mayby Ivona fixes the error. ( thanx for the tips haavarda & kw123)

Thanx for the help

/Martin

Page 1 of 1