Typical scenarios with Sonos

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:39 am
MarcoGT offline

Typical scenarios with Sonos

Hi all,

yesterday I bought my first Sonos (Play:1), configured in 10 mins with iPhone App.
From the iPhone App it is very fast and easy to play music (radio/mp3 from NAS and so on), but I would like to know which are the scenarios that you use in the HA world.

As test, this morning I set up an alarm clock (directly from Sonos App, not using Indigo)

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:40 am
Gusten offline

Re: Typical scenarios with Sonos

Hi

I use the Sonos plugin i these scenarios

* Every morning when i walk out in the livingroom i trigger a group announcement TTS that says "goodmorning the temperature outside is XX degres"
(Using a motiondetector in DSC plugin and variable that Changes så its only trigger once,)

* When my laundry is ready i get an group announcement TTS that says "The laundry is ready"
(Using a Fibaro plug that measures the Watt, and if its over 5W and everytime its changes a timer reestarts, when timer hits zero it triggers the TTS)

* When somone is pressing my doorbell i get an group announcement TTS that says "Someone is ringing the door"
(Using my old doorbel button in to a Fibaro univerial input)

Here is som other scenarios that is on my todo list (I just startet my move from Vera to Indigo)

*If the frontdoor or the garagedoor is not locked/closed at a certine time the Sonos tell my that

*When the mailbox is opened the Sonos tells me that the mail have arrived

/Martin

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:24 am
MarcoGT offline

Thanks for the hints, I will look into them :)

I read on the forum that line-out of the Mac shall be connected to line-in of the Sonos ZP in order to speak announcement, but in my case I have my MacMini in a small "server room" andthe ZP in the living room, they are not physically connected...

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:14 am
nlagaros offline

Marco - there is a second group announcement action that does not require the line-in. Instead it uses either Google or Ivona to convert the text to speech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:52 am
MarcoGT offline

Ok, thanks :)

I have played a little bit yesterday only with the Sonos App, not yet with Indigo...

Thankd :)

Posted on
Fri May 20, 2016 4:47 pm
petematheson offline

Hi,
Very quick question on this one - how do you announce variables stored in Indigo?

I'd like to do a similar thing - Today's weather forecast is ..... the temperature is....

Posted on
Sat May 21, 2016 1:50 am
Gusten offline

petematheson wrote:
Hi,
Very quick question on this one - how do you announce variables stored in Indigo?

I'd like to do a similar thing - Today's weather forecast is ..... the temperature is....

Hi you use the variable id number. If you have a variable called temperature and this variable have ID 123456 you do like this

The temperature is %%v:123456%%

And it Will read the value of the variable

/Martin

Posted on
Sat May 21, 2016 4:04 am
petematheson offline

Ah awesome, thanks!

Page 1 of 1