No re-grouping after TTS

Posted on
Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:03 pm
DrLove offline

No re-grouping after TTS

Hi!

For many many versions of the plugin (I cant remember if it ever worked) there is no re-group of my zones after a TTS announcement (mp3 or not).
The un-group works and the player that I announce something on is put as single player, the others keep on playing in a group.
After announcement the announcing player is not re-grouped w/ the others but start playing again.
After a reload of the plugin it works ONES.

Scenario:

Reload the plugin.
Grouping all my players in to one zone = plugin shows all my players playing.
Announce something to one of them (just selecting the player in question in the announcement mp3 action).
The player breaks free from the others and announce the text.
The single player joins the other players but the other players is now showed as stopped in the plugin. The players ARE playing in the real world :)
Announce something again and the text is spoken.
The other players is now playing music during the announcement still showing up as stopped in the plugin.
After announcement the single player is returning to what ever it was playing but not re-grouped w/ the others, both the group and the single player is now playing but not together (time difference and not grouped).
Only the single player is playing regarding to the plugin.

Better to show it :)
https://youtu.be/jWFA_zdYSEY

Best regards, L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:55 am
nlagaros offline

Re: No re-grouping after TTS

Thanks for the video. It was super helpful. I have an idea of what is going on and will focus on a fix. One of these days, I will conquer group announcements. This is something that I pray Sonos will have front and center in their API whenever it is released. It is very tricky to handle it now.

Posted on
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:45 am
DrLove offline

Great! Looking forward to an update !

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:40 pm
nlagaros offline

Why version were you on when you ran through the video? I'm having trouble replicating this scenario.

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:32 pm
DrLove offline

0.8.21 and Sonos FW version before the one released a few days ago.
I'll try the .22 now and will report back here.

/L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:48 pm
DrLove offline

Update (v0.8.22):

4 out of 6 players join the group again.

Could it be that I have a Sonos Sub on the player (Connect Amp) I use for announcements? I can here the sub play a few seconds after I start an announcement event, all other players is silent, then the sub gets quiet ant the announcing player is ungrouped and announce the TTS. Then 4 out of 6 players is regrouped w/ the announcing player.
The announcing player is Group coordinator but not the one I connect to from the plugin, for that I use the only Sonos player (a Connect) that is on wired LAN.
I use Sonos NET not WiFi for the other players.

It seems like you are on the right track here, 4 out of 6 is allot better than 1/6 :)

//L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:49 pm
DrLove offline

Update2

A second try and now none of the players join the announcing player again, like before :(

//L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:59 pm
DrLove offline

Update3

If I use another player (w/o Sub) for announcements the re-joining works great, BUT it does not play the TTS more than 1 out of 5-6 tries. The Sonos controller shows the announcement file but as stopped, does not play it more than sporadic.

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:31 pm
nlagaros offline

I think we are making progress. A couple of questions:

1. Do you have the SUB modeled in Indigo?
2. If you do, do you set the ZonePlayer type as a SUB in the device configuration?

As far as the sporadic nature of the announcements, this could be Google failing us. Send me the log on one of the fails and I can verify. The IVONA TTS seems to be much more reliable.

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:11 pm
DrLove offline

Hi!

The SUB is not showing up in the plugin, I guess it's not suppose to do that. It's not shown in the Sonos controller either.

I'm using the INOVA TTS actually :/

//L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:22 pm
DrLove offline

Strange things is happening..

One of my P1 and one of my P5 won't play announcements if already grouped. If I put it alone it plays but then it regroups w/ the others even if it was alone before.
Another P1 plays TTS sometime but not always. In the controller I can see the player flicker as stand alone then back to the group when it fails or is just showing the announcement file but stopped, then back to the group. Feels like some kind of timing issue.

//L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:26 pm
nlagaros offline

I saw some timeouts in the video you sent. Could you put the plugin in debug mode, run through a couple of announcements and send me the full log (from plugin startup). Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:44 pm
DrLove offline

PM!

Now nothing works actually, strange. Before it was the regrouping, now it's no TTS for the exact same scenario as a while ago :/

//L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:46 pm
DrLove offline

Looks like the repeat of the playlist is lost when using the coordinator player for TTS also.

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:46 pm
nlagaros offline

I'm going through the log now. Thanks for sending. Will take a bit for me to map this all out.