Group Announcement Delay while Players are Switched Off

Posted on
Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:46 am
Scotfree offline

Group Announcement Delay while Players are Switched Off

Hi, Thanks a lot for developing the Sonos plugin - great work. I have a question;

I've been using the plugin with great success to manage the players and everything working smoothly. I've recently added a Play 1 as an announcement player and Group Announcement via streaming MP3 is working. The problem is that I only have 2 of my 6 players turned on permanently - the announcement one obviously and the master bedroom for wake up alarm. I only turn the others on when I am using them. When I use the Play 1 for functions such as the doorbell and door entry/exit chime, I would like these sounds to play almost instantly. However, when there are registered players turned off and I play a group announcement, the plug in takes some time to poll each one for their status and it can sometimes be over 20 seconds before the file actually plays.

The announcement player is the only one I have selected for the MP3 announcements. Are the only two options to have all my players turned on all the time or to remove the additional ones from Indigo ?

Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 1