Issues with latest update

Posted on
Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:41 am
haavarda offline

Issues with latest update

Hi Nick,
I think maybe my post got a bit lost in the big thread.
Unfortunately I am having some issues with announcements after the update.
1. There seams to be a issue with length. I am not able to play my weather forecast. (Not sure if this is related to this release).

2. At the end of an announcement it starts to repeat. It stops in the middle of the first word. Like this. "Good morning it is raining today. Goo" ---> Update. This seams to only affect a play 1 unit that I have in the hall. Dont understand why that should effect anything...?

3. It takes rather long time before an announcement is played. When my doorbell is pushed the plugin uses very long time to set the zones and start playing. Has this changed?

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:57 am
haavarda offline

Re: Issues with latest update

I don't want to be nagging, but have you looked at my issue nick? I think it can be related to the play 1 unit...

Håvard

Posted on
Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:10 pm
nlagaros offline

Hey - sorry for the delay..

1. Can you give me a sample text for your weather forecast that does not complete so I can replicate.
2. Very strange.. but will investigate.
3. Yes -- had to rewrite the announcement function so it actually works properly. I will see if I can make it more efficient.

haavarda wrote:
Hi Nick,
1. There seams to be a issue with length. I am not able to play my weather forecast. (Not sure if this is related to this release).

2. At the end of an announcement it starts to repeat. It stops in the middle of the first word. Like this. "Good morning it is raining today. Goo" ---> Update. This seams to only affect a play 1 unit that I have in the hall. Dont understand why that should effect anything...?

3. It takes rather long time before an announcement is played. When my doorbell is pushed the plugin uses very long time to set the zones and start playing. Has this changed?

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:18 am
nlagaros offline

I have an experimental release ready that may speed things up a bit, but want to see if I can get to your other issues before making it available.

nlagaros wrote:
Hey - sorry for the delay..

1. Can you give me a sample text for your weather forecast that does not complete so I can replicate.
2. Very strange.. but will investigate.
3. Yes -- had to rewrite the announcement function so it actually works properly. I will see if I can make it more efficient.

haavarda wrote:
Hi Nick,

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 am
haavarda offline

When I try this announcement:
God %%v:1400778626%%. Været er %%v:124804451%%. Temperaturen er %%v:266784881%% grader. Værvarsel for i dag er %%v:568623319%%.

This is norwegian and says:
God "time of day". The whether is "condition". The temperature is "degrees". Forecast for today is "forecast today".

When I play this the last announcement is played. In my case it says that the garage door is closed, as this was the last played announcement.

If I shorten the messege to "God %%v:1400778626%%. Været er %%v:124804451%%. Temperaturen er %%v:266784881%% grader."
It works.

The issue with the repeating the last part of the first word on my play 1 is very consistent.

Please let me know how I can help more with fault finding.

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:02 pm
nlagaros offline

Please give me the actual values of the variables when this fails. Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:43 pm
nlagaros offline

Scratch the request for additional information. I found a bug in the call to Google Translate. Will work on it today/tomorrow and hopefully have a release out soon.

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:25 am
nlagaros offline

There is a 100 character limit with Google Translate. I'm working on integrating new logic to handle larger strings. Stand by all...

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:49 pm
haavarda offline

Hi,
I think you are on it with the 100 character limit, but here is the info anyway.

So when I try to play this announcement, it plays the last successful announcement.

Trigger Vær info hall
Sonos Announcement: God kveld. Været er Stort sett skyet. Temperaturen er 3.9 grader. Værvarsel for i dag er Delvis skyet, Volume: 25
Sonos remove zone from group: Sonos Hall
Sonos Announcement Length: 8.69875

--------------

When i play this announcement the first part of the first word is played again.

Trigger Garasje lukket
Z-Wave sent "Lys - garasje" off
Z-Wave sent "Garasjeindikator" off
Sonos Announcement: Garasjeporten er lukket, Volume: 25
Sonos Announcement Length: 2.74275

Ressult: Garasjeporten er lukket, Ga
And today I realised that it is repeating on my other zones as well, but it is shorter on my connect amp. Like : Garasjeporten er lukket, G.
My play 1 is wireless and the other is wired. I dont know if that can be the reason?

Thanks for your support.

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:14 am
nlagaros offline

Thanks for the information. I just posted an update. Please give it a shot and let me know if it resolves the issues you reported.

Posted on
Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:57 am
haavarda offline

Thanks for the update.
I have done some quick testing, and this seams to solve all my problems!
It still takes a bit longer time before the announcement starts compared to the 7. versions, but I can live with that. Thanks again.

Håvard

Håvard

Page 1 of 1