Group announcemet forces group?

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:24 am
Al_M offline

Group announcemet forces group?

Awesome plugin Nick! Have been playing around with this and have one issue so far I cannot resolve.

I have two zones: Living room (PLAYBAR) and Kitchen (CONNECT:AMP). I have a motion trigger set to make the announcement on the Kitchen zone only. Yet even thought the two zones are not grouped, the plugin forces them to be grouped and then I have to manually ungroup them via the SONOS app on my phone, iPad or Mac.

Is this normal behavior? How can I keep the zones ungrouped or at least ungroup them after the announcement?

Thanks.

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:51 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Group announcemet forces group?

I just posted an update that should resolve this issue (v0.8.9). Hope it works!

Posted on
Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:05 am
Al_M offline

Thanks Nick. That took care of the issue.

Posted on
Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:50 pm
Al_M offline

Well that worked for about a week.

I recently rebooted my router and inadvertently, my SONOS Connect:AMP. So my two zones got new IP addresses. No problem, right? I changed the device configs in Indigo, but still no go. I am getting the following when I try to execute a Sonos action:

Mar 4, 2015, 6:41:30 PM
Schedule Trash Reminder
Sonos Announcement: Tomorrow is trash day! Time to take out the trash., Volume: 50
Sonos remove zone from group: SONOS: Kitchen
Sonos remove zone from group: SONOS: Living Room
Sonos 1572962167:260972801
Sonos Announcement Length: 3.708
Sonos Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 169, in actionZP_announcementMP3
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 1145, in actionAnnouncement
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Also, I noticed this error when disabling and then enabling the plugin:

Sonos Error Cannot start HTTP Streamer on None: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known

One more thing. After 0.8.9 fixed my initial problem with not ungrouping zones, that issue has returned. Verified version:

Sonos Your plugin version, v0.8.9, is current.

Any ideas what may be going on? Everything was fine until I had to reboot my router/SONOS amp.

Page 1 of 1