[FEATURE REQUEST] Actions for all players and mute/unmute

Posted on
Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:39 am
DrLove offline

[FEATURE REQUEST] Actions for all players and mute/unmute

Hi!

Love your work w/ the SONOS-plugin.
I'm new to Indigo, coming from HomeSeer, and in just a few days I have Indigo working better than HS ever did, almost.
What I'm missing from the HS-SONOS-plugin is the feature to send actions to ALL players, like "Pause all players" when I leave home. I can do this w/ individual actions in Indigo but it would be nice to have one action for all players. For example, if I add/remove a player I don't have to make changes to my actions.

One more thing that is even more useful, mute and un-mute, not just toggle mute.
Scenario: I have a Play:1 in the bathroom that is grouped w/ the Connect:amp in the kitchen.
When the lights turn on in the bathroom the Play:1 un-mute and sets volume to 10. When lights turn off, it mutes.
If I for some reason mute the player when the lights are on, maybe I don't like the music that my wife is playing (not likely, but anyway), and then turn off the lights, the player un-mutes due to the "toggle mute" function. I guess I could make conditional triggers that check the mute status of the player but it would be nicer to have this function already in the plug-in.

That said, I think the SONOS-plugin for Indigo is WAY nicer to work with than the HS version. Everything in Indigo is better I must say. And I have been a HS-man for many years.

//L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:49 am
nlagaros offline

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Actions for all players and mute/unmut

You will have the discreet mute actions in the next release. As far as creating a "pause all", I will think about how to implement that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted on
Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:51 am
DrLove offline

Sounds great! Just moving over the SONOS funktions from HS to Indigo now but I'll wait for the next release before I spend to much time w/ the fancy stuff then :)

//L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:35 am
nlagaros offline

I just posted v0.8.3 with the discreet mute actions.

DrLove wrote:
Sounds great! Just moving over the SONOS funktions from HS to Indigo now but I'll wait for the next release before I spend to much time w/ the fancy stuff then :)

//L

Posted on
Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:14 am
DrLove offline

Works like a charm! Thanks, worth a donation!

//L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:15 am
nlagaros offline

Thank you!

Posted on
Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:34 am
DrLove offline

Any progress on the actions for ALL players?

Trying to build a fire alarm system w/ SONOS (and sirens and pushover) and would like to have an "emergency" TTS mode for SONOS that group all players, unmute them and then speak some TTS at some level, is this doable? I can do it w/ allot of single actions but I guess I'll swamp the SONOS plugin w/ allot of actions in a row.

EDIT: Would be nice w/ an option to repeat the TTS, I can repeat the text message but only a few times. If the string is to long the previous message is used :/

EDIT2: Just realised that if I use MP3 TTS and select all my players individually (muted or not) they all unmute and play the TTS and the return to what ever they were doing! Very nice!

Best regards, L

Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Page 1 of 1