Sonos via Line-In from Mac

Posted on
Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:52 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Sonos via Line-In from Mac

Sorry - this pre(mature) release is missing some instructions. Would you open each ZonePlayer device configuration in Indigo and select the model type. This is a new addition.

Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:59 am
Vangelis offline

No worries :)

Amended all my devices to add ZonePlayer Type

Error output kinda looks the same (see attached)

Vangelis
Attachments
Sonos6_21_a.txt
(23.15 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Posted on
Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:37 pm
nlagaros offline

Ahh.. It may look the same to you, but to me I see that the Subwoofer is the issue. I never had one to test, but see that it must be very different than other Sonos devices. You have one heck of an extensive Sonos setup. I think I can turn around a new release soon that will exclude Subs from many actions. Before I go to far, can you confirm that you can't really do much with the Sub.

As I think about this further, is there any reason one would need to have the Subwoofer configured in Indigo? I'm not sure how my plugin is valuable with the Subwoofer device. What are your thoughts here?

Thanks!

Vangelis wrote:
No worries :)

Amended all my devices to add ZonePlayer Type

Error output kinda looks the same (see attached)

Vangelis

Posted on
Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:09 am
Vangelis offline

Ahh, ok, thats interesting about the Sub issues.

Basically the Sub can either be configured in it's own right (as in Conservatory Sub), or as part of a Sonos pairing (my Lounge Playbar is associated with a Sub, however it is not a zone player in it's own right - think this is a Sonos thing?!?)

You would not get any useful sound out of the Sub in it's own right, so I guess they can be excluded. If you can add that feature into the next release that would be Fab!

In the meantime, I can remove the Sub's from Sonos and then retry the Plugin-in and see what happens - Will let you know :)

Really appreciate the assistance on this so far!

Vangelis

Posted on
Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am
nlagaros offline

You don't need to remove the Subs from Sonos - what I am asking is to remove the Sub device in Indigo only. If you will not take any actions on it in Indigo and have no need to monitor it's state, then I don't think it needs to be there. I will still add some smarts to the plugin to filter out Subs for various actions.

Vangelis wrote:
Ahh, ok, thats interesting about the Sub issues.

Basically the Sub can either be configured in it's own right (as in Conservatory Sub), or as part of a Sonos pairing (my Lounge Playbar is associated with a Sub, however it is not a zone player in it's own right - think this is a Sonos thing?!?)

You would not get any useful sound out of the Sub in it's own right, so I guess they can be excluded. If you can add that feature into the next release that would be Fab!

In the meantime, I can remove the Sub's from Sonos and then retry the Plugin-in and see what happens - Will let you know :)

Really appreciate the assistance on this so far!

Vangelis

Posted on
Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:43 am
Vangelis offline

Ahhh. Gotchya :) Will remove the Sub's within Indigo 'Devices' and retry.

Vangelis

Posted on
Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:51 pm
Vangelis offline

OK Now we're cooking! :D

I have removed the Sub's from the Device List
Also, I have made the Zone Player Device Name the same as what the iPhone Sonos App was seeing (there were subtle differences - doh!) - I was seeing timeouts in the debug when different.

Sometimes, on Reload, Indigo is not picking up the Office zone player, however after another Reload it usually works it out.

I have added and removed Zone's in the Group Announcement Panel and tested each time - all works perfectly

So all in all I think we've nailed it. Really appreciate you help with this as wanted to get this working for ages.

Happy to be a Test Bed in future if you're wanting to play around with Sub inclusion

Vangelis