[Solved] Sonos custom states

Posted on
Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 am
colinpartridge offline

[Solved] Sonos custom states

I have installed the most recent version of this plugin and for the most part it appears to be working, that is I can change radio stations, stop, play etc. However I think that I'm not getting the Custom states reported..Below is what I'm seeing when a radio station is playing through my one and only Zoneplayer.
]Image

Should I be seeing more, such as ZP_state etc? ZP_Volume. Running on 10.8.5. I'm not seeing any errors in the event log.

Any ideas?
Last edited by colinpartridge on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:33 am
eme jota ce offline

Re: Sonos custom states

Here is what I see when playing a Radio station.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 7.28.11 AM.png
Sonos custom states
Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 7.28.11 AM.png (51.32 KiB) Viewed 1894 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:49 am
colinpartridge offline

Thanks for that eme jota ce,
I wonder what I'm missing then?

Colin

Posted on
Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:17 am
colinpartridge offline

Finally got the custom states working. It appears to have been related to having a different hostname for the computer to the network name( I don't pretend to understand why). Now they're the same and I can see the custom states. Probably broken alot of other stuff in the mean time.

Colin

Posted on
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:25 am
nlagaros offline

Great find. Most issues with the new version of the plugin relate to DNS. The Sonos event publisher needs to lookup a hostname to publish messages properly. Several users have had this issue. I don't think you broke anything as a result (at least I hope not).

colinpartridge wrote:
Finally got the custom states working. It appears to have been related to having a different hostname for the computer to the network name( I don't pretend to understand why). Now they're the same and I can see the custom states. Probably broken alot of other stuff in the mean time.

Colin

Page 1 of 1