Sonos Plugin 0.6.3 installation Issues

Posted on
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:14 am
gbillyb offline

Sonos Plugin 0.6.3 installation Issues

Hi Nick,

Firstly, great plugin, thanks for your hard work. I am new to Indigo 6 but not OSX, it took a few goes to get the plugin working, here are my observations:

The Command Line Tools link for 10.7 Lion on the download page is broken, it reports "You don't have permission to access /IndigoPlugins/Sonos/CLT_Lion.dmg on this server."
    I have Lion so I downloaded from the Apple Developer site (note: some users may think the xcode download is needed but you can search just for the CLT).
    After I had installed the Command Line Tools and ran the install_zmq.sh when I enabled the plugin the following error was logged:
    Code: Select all
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "plugin.py", line 9, in <module>
      File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 30, in <module>
      File "./lib/zmq/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
    <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: dlopen(./lib/zmq/utils/initthreads.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libzmq.1.dylib
      Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/zmq/utils/initthreads.so
      Reason: image not found

I traced this down to the install_zmq.sh file found in the Sonos-ZeroMQ.zip file is missing a /, if like me you already have /usr/local, running the command creates a sub directory local under /usr/local, it should read
    sudo cp -pr local/ /usr/local

My final problem is that if the current track has a unicode character in the name, like songs from Cafe Del Mar, the SonosEvent.py throws an exception, I am still debugging this one and will provide more log information shortly, however I wondered if this particular problem has been seen before and what the resolution is?

Posted on
Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:57 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Sonos Plugin 0.6.3 installation Issues

Thanks for the correction on the zmq installer. As far as the unicode issue goes, I've made some changes to the SonosEvents.py code that will hopefully fix this. I am successfully publishing unicode track names. I posted v0.6.4 on the wiki page for download.

I'm glad to see that you have the new version working.

Posted on
Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:12 pm
dduff617 offline

i've downloaded the latest version (0.6.8) and i'm still getting an error identical to the one reported above.

EDIT: i see now that there is an additional install step with the SonosZeroMQ.zip. i didn't catch this before. i downloaded the required module, executed the command from the shell script and now everything is working.

Posted on
Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:08 pm
nlagaros offline

Glad it's working for you. Appreciate any feedback you have. There have been quite a few issues with the 0.6 code due to many changes made to try to improve the efficiency of the plugin.

dduff617 wrote:
i've downloaded the latest version (0.6.8) and i'm still getting an error identical to the one reported above.

EDIT: i see now that there is an additional install step with the SonosZeroMQ.zip. i didn't catch this before. i downloaded the required module, executed the command from the shell script and now everything is working.

Posted on
Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:30 am
nlagaros offline

Give the latest version (0.6.9) a try and let me know if all the unicode issues go away.

gbillyb wrote:
Hi Nick,

Firstly, great plugin, thanks for your hard work. I am new to Indigo 6 but not OSX, it took a few goes to get the plugin working, here are my observations:

The Command Line Tools link for 10.7 Lion on the download page is broken, it reports "You don't have permission to access /IndigoPlugins/Sonos/CLT_Lion.dmg on this server."
    I have Lion so I downloaded from the Apple Developer site (note: some users may think the xcode download is needed but you can search just for the CLT).
    After I had installed the Command Line Tools and ran the install_zmq.sh when I enabled the plugin the following error was logged:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "plugin.py", line 9, in <module>
      File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Sonos.py", line 30, in <module>
      File "./lib/zmq/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
    <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: dlopen(./lib/zmq/utils/initthreads.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libzmq.1.dylib
      Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sonos.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/lib/zmq/utils/initthreads.so
      Reason: image not found

I traced this down to the install_zmq.sh file found in the Sonos-ZeroMQ.zip file is missing a /, if like me you already have /usr/local, running the command creates a sub directory local under /usr/local, it should read
    sudo cp -pr local/ /usr/local

My final problem is that if the current track has a unicode character in the name, like songs from Cafe Del Mar, the SonosEvent.py throws an exception, I am still debugging this one and will provide more log information shortly, however I wondered if this particular problem has been seen before and what the resolution is?

Page 1 of 1