No Ack

Posted on
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:32 am
autolog offline

Re: No Ack

New version posted - see this post: LIFX Controller (6.0.10) Pre-release (beta) Information :)

Posted on
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:33 am
7rdr7 offline

Thanks Jon, my prior issues were unrelated as you suspected. I'm getting far fewer no-acks with your previous release. I'll load the new one and let you know if I see any changes.

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:01 pm
7rdr7 offline

The update has definitely reduced the number of no-ack occurrences. When I do get a no-ack it recovers in a single retry.

Posted on
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:56 am
autolog offline

7rdr7 wrote:
The update has definitely reduced the number of no-ack occurrences. When I do get a no-ack it recovers in a single retry.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Posted on
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:37 am
AndyVirus offline

I too have been running with this version and it has been rock solid. I have just got a 2 more Minis colour to add to the Original 1000 and Colour 1000 I have and all have been rock solid in indigo now. Been many weeks now and I have not hit a no ack yet when scheduling or manually changing state and colours. Thanks Jon!

Posted on
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:42 am
autolog offline

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the report!

Pleased it is working well for you - my experience is the same. :D

Posted on
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:51 pm
jltnol offline

So for whatever reason, I've been getting a lot of No Ack's lately. I also have Ubuquity UniFi access points, and although I've read some of the tips to change the configs I am somewhat wary of diving in that deep. I do have an older Apple Airport Express, so have set that up with a separate bridged Wifi Network just for the 3 Lifx lights that I have.

I must confess that the method one has to use to re-configure these devices is hellish. I'm sure it took me about an hour to get all 3 on the new network. Followed instructions with the turn off/ turn on steps, joined the temp network, and then to the incredibly now horrid and not even close to being user friendly Lifx iOS app. It used to be fun to use, now its just nightmarish, and I'm being generous. Not even remotely intuitive in the least, at least IMHO.

Regardless, for the moment, all 3 are on the new network, and so far, so good. I'll post back in a few days but I'm hoping this ends my long-standing issues with these bulbs.

And by NO MEANS do I mean to lay blame or imply there is something wrong with the plugin... when they don't work with Indigo, they don't work with the iOS app, so this is some kind of networking issue, although the WiFi network they were connected to could easily stream 4K video thru a Ruku device.... soooo something else was causing issue.

The plug in great, and has always worked very well for me. Its just the damn networking that's been the problem.

More to follow

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:30 am
jltnol offline

Just a quick note that since I've put my Lifx on the new Wifi network served up by an old Apple Airport Express, everything is golden. I've not noticed any issues in the log concerning communications with the Lifx fixtures, and more importantly, I've had no errors whatsoever with Indigo controlling them.

Posted on
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:38 pm
SSteve offline

I've been noticing a lot more "No acknowledgement" messages in my log.

Code: Select all
Jul 25, 2021 at 5:10:51 PM
   LIFX Error                      No acknowledgement received from 'LR Front Left' when attempting a 'get_color' command.
   LIFX Warning                    Unable to communicate with LIFX device 'LR Front Left'. Retrying: Attempt 1
   LIFX                            Re-established contact with LIFX device 'LR Front Left' after 1 recovery attempt(s)

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:15:12 PM
   LIFX Error                      No acknowledgement received from 'BR Window Seat' when attempting a 'get_color' command.
   LIFX Warning                    Unable to communicate with LIFX device 'BR Window Seat'. Retrying: Attempt 1
   LIFX Error                      No acknowledgement received from 'LR Back Ceiling' when attempting a 'get_color' command.
   LIFX Warning                    Unable to communicate with LIFX device 'LR Back Ceiling'. Retrying: Attempt 1
   LIFX                            Re-established contact with LIFX device 'BR Window Seat' after 1 recovery attempt(s)
   LIFX                            Re-established contact with LIFX device 'LR Back Ceiling' after 1 recovery attempt(s)

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:16:25 PM
   LIFX Error                      No acknowledgement received from 'BR Door' when attempting a 'get_color' command.
   LIFX Warning                    Unable to communicate with LIFX device 'BR Door'. Retrying: Attempt 1
   LIFX                            Re-established contact with LIFX device 'BR Door' after 1 recovery attempt(s)

I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination or not, so I looked back through my log files. From June 27 through July 22 it happened 5-36 times. On July 23 it was 589 times. On July 24 it was 797 times. So far today it's been 397 times. It looks like I was running 6.0.14 all that time. I upgraded to 6.1.3 moments ago.

Could this be something with the plugin or is it more likely my network?

Posted on
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:25 am
autolog offline

SSteve wrote:
... Could this be something with the plugin or is it more likely my network?

First of all, thanks for the typo fix - I have updated the plugin to Version 6.1.4 in the Indigo Plugin Store incorporating your fix. :)

I am getting about 30 - 40 no-acks a day on average.

I don't think your increased no-acks is an issue with the plugin, I suspect it is a network issue of some sort.

I can see by your typo fix, that you have discovered you can suppress the no-ack recovery messages messages. If it doesn't recover, the plugin will let you know.

Posted on
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:15 pm
7rdr7 offline

I get ~ 3-5 No Acks per day on 13 LIFX devices. Most times it recovers in a single try.