Long batch of plugin errors...any ideas or don't mind it?

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:42 am
wmldwilly offline

Long batch of plugin errors...any ideas or don't mind it?

Hmm...

I've been seeing in my logs for reasons I'm failing to grasp a big blurb of errors that I'm guessing relate to reaching out to an update server to find out if there's a new plugin version? Also It seems at the same time I have one recently installed LIFX mini bulb that in spite of happily being set up and controllable in the LIFX app, is having a devil of a time being "discovered" successfully by the plug-in. Any ideas?

Any help or pointers much appreciated! These are the lines of errors from the logs:

-----
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 426, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/LIFX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 88, in checkForUpdate
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/LIFX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 175, in _prepareForUpdate
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/LIFX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 97, in getUpdate
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/LIFX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 117, in getLatestRelease
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.2/Plugins/LIFX.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 145, in _GET
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1053, in request
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1093, in _send_request
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1049, in endheaders
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 893, in _send_output
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 855, in send
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1274, in connect
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 352, in wrap_socket
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 579, in __init__
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 808, in do_handshake
SSLError: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)

LIFX Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
LIFX Error Discovery failed to complete for LIFX Device 'Kids Table R' [d0:73:d5:31:91:d4]
-----

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:09 am
autolog offline

Re: Long batch of plugin errors...any ideas or don't mind it

wmldwilly wrote:
... I've been seeing in my logs for reasons I'm failing to grasp a big blurb of errors that I'm guessing relate to reaching out to an update server to find out if there's a new plugin version? Also It seems at the same time I have one recently installed LIFX mini bulb that in spite of happily being set up and controllable in the LIFX app, is having a devil of a time being "discovered" successfully by the plug-in. Any ideas? ...

Disable update checking in the plugin config - that will remove the errors. I need to fix this. :wink:

See this post on how to get a pre-release version that should support the mini bulb - LIFX Mini Color - Not Discovered by Indigo App

Hope this helps. :)

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:47 pm
wmldwilly offline

Yes thank you that's great! I'll just wait for notification of a new plug-in version. :P

In the meantime, one more question if you don't mind:

is this the standard error one might see when LIFX bulbs are powered off and not on the LAN at the time? ----
LIFX Error StandardError detected communicating with LIFX lamp. Line '267' has error='list index out of range'
LIFX Error StandardError detected communicating with LIFX lamp. Line '267' has error='list index out of range'

I ask because I have a group of bulbs that are powered off on a switch here and there throughout the day (it's fine with me - they power back on at the state they were left in quite reliably...), and those entires seem to correspond with how many lamps are powered off at the time.

Just wondering!

Thanks again!

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:21 am
autolog offline

I think it is because they are switched off.

Obviously the plugin should handle this better than it does.

As it isn't a show-stopper, I will take a look at it once I have completed some work on another plugin I am working on. :)

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:45 pm
wmldwilly offline

No worries and thank you! FWIW, I'm finding support for the mini is pretty good even without running the pre-release version. Is there anything I should watch out for?

Also this is kind of a general question but maybe it interests you depending on how indigo works under the hood:

I created a device group of more than one LIFX bulb. I was surprised to find that the device group, in spite of only containing like devices, did not inherit any of the controls a singular device has available in the devices panel when selected in indigo. I realize a device group could include disparate devices with controls not common to each other, but I suppose I expected some sort of trapping there for like device types and the basic controls being passed thru and available to the group (such as dimming, choosing a color, etc).

Is that something the third party has to make happen? Or is that something the device group structure itself within Indigo isn't capable of?

Thanks again for your hard work on plug-ins!

W
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 3.41.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 3.41.16 PM.png (308.4 KiB) Viewed 2756 times

Posted on
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:39 am
autolog offline

I think the Indigo Device Groups just support On and Off?

I have a background update in progress on the LIFX plugin to be able to define and manage groups (similar to the iOS App).
However it is currently on the back burner as I am 100% concentrating on my new TRV Controller plugin which I want to get into a workable state over the next few weeks - I need to be able to control my central heating befor winter sets in :wink:

Once that is done, I will get back to the LIFX plugin. :)

Posted on
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

@autolog is correct: a Device Group is inherently an on/off device though there are some special considerations made for devices in the group that also dim.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1