LIFX Indigo 7 RGBW Support?

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:01 pm
Brady offline

LIFX Indigo 7 RGBW Support?

Hello,

Over in the Indigo 7 announcement, the LIFX plugin was listed as updated with the new native RGBW support. Any idea on when the updated plugin will be released?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17039

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:52 am
autolog offline

Re: LIFX Indigo 7 RGBW Support?

It should have a status of Coming Soon :wink:

If all goes to plan, it will be available during next week. :)

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:43 pm
Brady offline

Thats what I figured :-) Thanks for your work on the plugin! I've got a mix of Hue and LIFX bulbs and I'm looking forward to have more consistency in management of everything.

Posted on
Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:47 pm
Nidocamen offline

I am about to add a number of LIFX products into my Indigo "universe" after evaluating them separately for a while, and I'm glad to see this plugin being updated. I will also be integrating the new LIFX Z light strips, which are brand-new to the market. Do you know if you'll be making any adjustments to support the LIFX Z strips? They have multiple zones of control per meter, so they can support multiple colors simultaneously. I have yet to start testing it, but they have evidently updated the app to support this for effects and etc.

Thanks!

--Joe

Posted on
Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:25 pm
autolog offline

Hi Joe,
Nidocamen wrote:
... Do you know if you'll be making any adjustments to support the LIFX Z strips? ...

It is my intention to support both LIFX + (infrared) and LIFX Z (strips) in the upcoming version of the plugin but ideally I need these new devices to test with. :)

I am waiting for them to become available in the UK market so I can purchase them for use & testing. The LIFX Z's have now appeared on Amazon UK but don't have an availability date yet (I would guess within the next month or so). Another user hasn't been able to get the new LIFX + working with the existing version of the plugin and I am not sure why that is as the messages should be the same for the most part.

Thanks for the interest :)

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:43 pm
Nidocamen offline

Thanks for the reply, from what I understand, the international versions are supposed to be available shortly.

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:01 pm
autolog offline

I have got hold of a LIFX + bulb and have updated the plugin (v4.0.4 - see announcement post) to handle Infrared - I am still waiting to get hold of a LIFX Z (LED strip).

The Infrared seems to work quite well with my cameras :)

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:30 pm
jltnol offline

Muiti Color Strips

So I was very surprised to learn that the Lifx light strips can be multi colored. This is easy to do with the iOS app. I'm just amazed this is possible... .but perhaps I shouldn't be.

So while I may be using the wrong words and phrases, is is possible to save a LIFX preset in Indigo with the multi-color patterns available in the iOS app?

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:47 pm
autolog offline

jltnol wrote:
... So while I may be using the wrong words and phrases, is is possible to save a LIFX preset in Indigo with the multi-color patterns available in the iOS app?

Not at the moment as I haven't had time to explore this in any detail.

I think the Indigo UI could be bit complicated to do lots of colours for a strip. :|

I wouldn't like to give any estimate as to when (or if) I can make this happen. :)

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:10 pm
jltnol offline

Hy Jon

Thanks for your speedy reply., and thanks for all your work on this plugin.

I don't for a second understand whats involved with making the multi colors happen, but do understand that it is a lot of work... Hats off to what you have done already!

THANKS! 8)

Page 1 of 1