LIFX Smart Switch

Posted on
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:57 am
pgpappas offline

LIFX Smart Switch

I just purchased LIFX's new HomeKit compatible 2 button Smart Switch. I can't figure out how to add this device using the LIFX Plugin V6.1.7. I have tried Auto Discovery and also tried to manually add the switch with the MAC and IP address. Any help would be appreciated. If the LIFX is not yet compatible with this device type I would request that the next plugin release consider adding this feature.

Peter Pappas

Posted on
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:54 am
autolog offline

Re: LIFX Smart Switch

Hi Peter,
pgpappas wrote:
I just purchased LIFX's new HomeKit compatible 2 button Smart Switch. I can't figure out how to add this device using the LIFX Plugin V6.1.7. I have tried Auto Discovery and also tried to manually add the switch with the MAC and IP address. Any help would be appreciated. If the LIFX is not yet compatible with this device type I would request that the next plugin release consider adding this feature.

The plugin only supports lights at the moment.

The underlying LIFXLan library that the plugin uses doesn't currently support switches.
Until it does, the plugin is unlikely to be able to support them.

I will make a note of the request and add it to the list for consideration, should the underlying library be enhanced to support switches.

Page 1 of 1