Status updates with Z-Strip and Mini-White Devices

Posted on
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:45 pm
7rdr7 offline

Status updates with Z-Strip and Mini-White Devices

NO ACTION REQUESTED AT THIS TIME - FYI ONLY - JUST ADDING IN CASE ANYONE ELSE HAS EXPERIENCED THIS ISSUE

I've got LIFX working an issue that I believe is a LIFX issue, but just in case I'm copying you on the problem. It involves status updates.

- LIFX app initiated commands (all devices), HomeKit & LIFX app update properly
- HomeKit initiated commands (all devices), HomeKit & LIFX app update properly
- LIFX HTTP API initiated commands  (all devices), LIFX app updates properly
- LIFX HTTP API initiated command (A19, A19+, BR30, BR30+), HomeKit & LIFX app update properly
- LIFX HTTP API initiated command (z-strip, mini-white), HomeKit seems to receive the first three status updates as the device brightens/dims, but stops updating before the device is completely brighten/dimmed, therefore the device does not complete its' status updates, and thereby doesn't fully record the final brightness or dim/off. So even though the z-strip shows "off" in the LIFX app and the LIFX HTTP API , it still shows "on" in the Home app.

BTW I use HomeKit as my Indigo GUI, and since C4W didn't fully implement colored bulbs within HomeKit Bridge, I use the native HomeKit interface for the casual control of the bulbs. The Indigo/LIFX Controller does all of the automation. I tried to use the LIFX Controller and HomeKit Bridge together, but HomeKit Bridge does not properly map the colors as they use a different scales (0-100 versus 0-256).

Posted on
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:56 pm
7rdr7 offline

Re: Status updates with Z-Strip and Mini-White Devices

Problem solved. Stopping using HomeKit direct access to LIFX devices, and switch too Homebridge. Now using Homebridge and LIFX Controller together, and no issues.
https://github.com/calvarium/homebridge-lifx-plugin

Page 1 of 1