LowLevelBadParameterError every 5 minutes

Posted on
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:04 am
srkinard offline

LowLevelBadParameterError every 5 minutes

I have one LIFX bulb that I bought to avoid swapping out the switch in the closet for a Zwave one.

This error pops up every 5 minutes in the log...not sure what to do to resolve it. It's a basic single-color bulb used with a Z-wave door sensor to trigger the closet light on and off when the door opens/closes.
Code: Select all
Error                           updateStateOnServer() caught exception: LowLevelBadParameterError -- invalid color level key whiteLevel for device Office Closet LIFX Bulb

The device shows up as LIFX White 5CE2EA to the plugin, and all options for the bulb are default.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ross

Posted on
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:38 am
autolog offline

Re: LowLevelBadParameterError every 5 minutes

Are you running on the latest version of the plugin?

If so, it maybe it is a new model not known to the plugin or it could be a bug? :?

Is it the Model field that is showing it as LIFX White 5CE2EA ?

Posted on
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:28 pm
srkinard offline

autolog wrote:
Are you running on the latest version of the plugin?

If so, it maybe it is a new model not known to the plugin or it could be a bug? :?

Is it the Model field that is showing it as LIFX White 5CE2EA ?

Hey Jon,

Here's the log from reloading the plugin...it is the latest:
   Reloading plugin "LIFX 6.1.4"
   Stopping plugin "LIFX 6.1.4" (pid 90305)
   LIFX                            Autolog 'LIFX V6 Controller' Plugin shutdown requested
   LIFX                            Stopping Indigo LIFX device 'Office Closet LIFX Bulb'
   LIFX                            'LIFX Controller' Plugin shutdown complete
   Stopped plugin "LIFX 6.1.4"
   Starting plugin "LIFX 6.1.4" (pid 14668)
   LIFX                           
============================================== Initialising LIFX Controller Plugin ===============================================
Plugin Name:                    LIFX
Plugin Version:                 6.1.4
Plugin ID:                      com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.lifxcontroller
Indigo Version:                 2021.1.0
Indigo License:                 ActiveSubscription
Indigo API Version:             2.5
Python Version:                 2.7.16 (default, Jun 18 2021, 03:23:53) [GCC Apple LLVM 12.0.5 (clang-1205.0.19.59.6) [+internal-os, ptrauth-isa=deploy
Mac OS Version:                 11.5.1
==================================================================================================================================

LIFX                            Logging to Indigo Event Log at the 'Info' level
   LIFX                            Logging to LIFX Plugin Log at the 'Info' level
   Started plugin "LIFX 6.1.4"
   LIFX                            Initialising to poll at 300.0 second intervals
   LIFX                            'LIFX Controller' giving Discovery an opportunity to complete . . .
   LIFX                            LIFX device discovery starting (this can take up to 60 seconds) . . .
   LIFX                           

LIFX device discovery has completed. 1 LIFX device(s) have been discovered as follows:

Start of discovered LIFX devices list ---->
  'LIFX White 5CE2EA' [d0:73:d5:5c:e2:ea] at 192.168.100.208
<---- End of discovered LIFX devices list.

LIFX                            . . . 'LIFX Controller' initialization now completed.
   LIFX                            Starting  'Office Closet LIFX Bulb' . . .
   LIFX                            . . . Started 'LIFX LIFX Mini White' device: 'Office Closet LIFX Bulb'.
   Error                           updateStateOnServer() caught exception: LowLevelBadParameterError -- invalid color level key whiteLevel for device Office Closet LIFX Bulb

The model in the LIFX app on my phone says LIFX White running Firmware v3.70

Not sure how new it is...I bought it in Feb 2021 from Amazon.

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:22 am
autolog offline

Hi Ross,
I have uploaded a pre-release version of the LIFX Controller plugin to Github: LIFX Controller V6.1.5

I am not sure that it will fix your problem but the release includes:
  • Discovery process is now more descriptive of LIFX models discovered.
  • Updated product definitions with new LIFX lamps

Please give it a try and post the Indigo Event Log output of the plugin loading, so that I can see the discovery info which will hopefully aid resolving this issue for you (if this update doesn't do it). :)

Posted on
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:31 am
srkinard offline

Hey Jon,

Updated the plugin and here's the event log from it:
Aug 1, 2021 at 8:28:05 AM
   Stopping plugin LIFX (pid 14668)
   LIFX                            Autolog 'LIFX V6 Controller' Plugin shutdown requested
   LIFX                            Stopping Indigo LIFX device 'Office Closet LIFX Bulb'
   Stopped plugin LIFX
   Upgrading plugin LIFX to newer version 6.1.5 (previous version moved to trash)
   Loading plugin "LIFX 6.1.5"
   Starting plugin "LIFX 6.1.5" (pid 95314)
   LIFX                           
============================================== Initialising LIFX Controller Plugin ===============================================
Plugin Version:                 6.1.5
Python Version:                 2.7.16 (default, Jun 18 2021, 03:23:53) [GCC Apple LLVM 12.0.5 (clang-1205.0.19.59.6) [+internal-os, ptrauth-isa=deploy
==================================================================================================================================

Started plugin "LIFX 6.1.5"
   LIFX                            'LIFX Controller' giving Discovery an opportunity to complete . . .
   LIFX                            LIFX device discovery starting (this can take up to 60 seconds) . . .
   LIFX                           

LIFX device discovery has completed. 1 LIFX device(s) have been discovered as follows:

'LIFX White 5CE2EA' [MAC d0:73:d5:5c:e2:ea] at IP '192.168.100.208'. Product 87: LIFX Mini White

LIFX                            . . . 'LIFX Controller' initialization now completed.
   LIFX                            . . . Started 'LIFX LIFX Mini White' device: 'Office Closet LIFX Bulb'.

Error still there

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:20 am
autolog offline

Hi Ross,
The new discovery info has given me the info I need to research and resolve the bug, because that's what it is!

I will try and get an update to you later today. I haven't got any White only bulbs and so it may be a bit of trial and error; we'll see. :)

Posted on
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:57 am
autolog offline

Hi Ross,
New version available as pre-release: LIFX Controller V6.1.6

Give this a go and see what happens. :)

Posted on
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:50 am
srkinard offline

Hey Jon,

Updated the plugin and no error. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I pops back up in there.

Z-Wave                          received "Kitchen - Ultraviolet" sensor update to 0
   Stopping plugin LIFX (pid 95314)
   Stopped plugin LIFX
   Upgrading plugin LIFX to newer version 6.1.6 (previous version moved to trash)
   Loading plugin "LIFX 6.1.6"
   Starting plugin "LIFX 6.1.6" (pid 13954)
   LIFX                           
Plugin Version:                 6.1.6

Started plugin "LIFX 6.1.6"
   LIFX                           

'LIFX White 5CE2EA' [MAC d0:73:d5:5c:e2:ea] at IP '192.168.100.208'. Product 87: LIFX Mini White

Z-Wave                          received "Office Power & USB" power load to 14.414 W

Posted on
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:00 am
autolog offline

Thanks for the update. :)

I don't anticipate the error reoccurring. I thought I had fixed this error in release 6.0.15; but obviously not! ;)

I'll give it 24 hours and then make this an official release in the Indigo Plugin Store.

Page 1 of 1