What is expected configuration?

Posted on
Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:51 pm
Juggler offline

What is expected configuration?

I just came across this plugin and am very excited to play with it further. I’m just wondering what the expected configuration is? Here is my configuration:

Indigo v7.x running on Mac
Squeezebox v7.9.x running on Ubuntu server

I’m especially interested in “Play Annoucement” with text to speech. However, I could not get this working, but am now wondering if it was expected to have both Indigo and Squeezebox server running on the same machine?

Also saw that you are now working on update for Indigo v7.x. Any update on development/timeframe?

Cheers,
J.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:21 pm
autolog offline

Re: What is expected configuration?

Juggler wrote:
I just came across this plugin and am very excited to play with it further. I’m just wondering what the expected configuration is? Here is my configuration:

Indigo v7.x running on Mac
Squeezebox v7.9.x running on Ubuntu server

I’m especially interested in “Play Annoucement” with text to speech. However, I could not get this working, but am now wondering if it was expected to have both Indigo and Squeezebox server running on the same machine?

Also saw that you are now working on update for Indigo v7.x. Any update on development/timeframe?

As previously reported by another user, It looks like there is a problem of some sort with the announcement processing. :(

I am currently working on a change to the Alexa-Hue Bridge plugin - when I have finished that I will restart the work on the Squeezebox plugin for I7.
The plugin should handle the Squeezebox Server running on a different machine - I will take a look at this as well in order to double check.

I don't like to give timescales as I have other pressures on my time but hopefully by the end of this month (August) if all goes to plan. :)

Posted on
Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:21 pm
Juggler offline

Re: What is expected configuration?

That is great news. This was my missing piece to home automation. I had previously been trying to pass announcements through my Asterisk server—it worked, but not elegantly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1