Re: Squeezebox Controller (V0.2.5) Information

Posted on
Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:57 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Been trying to get the Play Alert to work. Have tried a few different file formats and locations
but always get this error:

Autolog Squeezebox Error Play Alert queued for 'Squeezebox Radio' as a Play Alert is currently in progress.

Anyone have that function working?

Thanks,

Carl

[MODERATOR NOTE: Moved out of Announcement Thread which should have been locked and now is.]

Posted on
Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:39 am
autolog offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Been trying to get the Play Alert to work. Have tried a few different file formats and locations
but always get this error:

Autolog Squeezebox Error Play Alert queued for 'Squeezebox Radio' as a Play Alert is currently in progress.

When a Play Alert is requested, the plugin sets up a sequence of steps/interactions with the Squeezebox Server to play the alert and these have to complete before another alert can be played. At the moment, if there is a problem of any sort with these steps then the sequence can be interrupted and not complete. So it gets left in a state where it thinks an alert is still being played and won't allow another to start which is the situation you are experiencing.

I am still working on improving this but it has taken a bit of a back seat as I work on my LIFX Plugin.

However, in the meanwhile you can execute the action "Player Reset Alert" which will clear the error and allow you to try again. :)

Posted on
Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:14 am
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks. I had tried that as well.

Really great plugin, thanks for sharing it!!

Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:22 am
autolog offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Thanks. I had tried that as well. ...

How are you running your setup - server and players ?
How are you specifying your alert file?

The alert file has to be accessible by the Squeezebox Server as it will be serving the alert file to the player.

So for example, specifying the 'Alert File to Play' as /Users/<YOUR USER ID>/Music/alert.mp3 should work OK as long as the server can access the file (in this example: alert.mp3 in folder Music).

In the meanwhile, will think about how to add in validity checking for the 'Alert File to Play'. :)

ckeyes888 wrote:
Really great plugin, thanks for sharing it!!

Thanks - let me know if there is anything else you would like to see the plugin do and as they say around here: "I will add it to the list" :D

Posted on
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:03 am
ckeyes888 offline

Tried it again today and it seems to be working....although not very consistently.
In trying different locations it seems to stop working for a few tries, then works again.

I use Sonos for my alerts and announcements but it's always nice to have alternatives.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:38 am
autolog offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Tried it again today and it seems to be working....although not very consistently.
In trying different locations it seems to stop working for a few tries, then works again. ...

This could happen if you play an alert and then you play an alert again before the previous one has finished?
I am only using short alerts lasting a few seconds at most - for example on a door opening and then closing.
I am looking at adding a queuing system so that if an alert is played while another one is in progress it will be added to a queue and played when the active one completes.

This is still work in progress - as you have discovered :wink:

Thanks for your feedback :)

Posted on
Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:03 am
autolog offline

autolog wrote:
ckeyes888 wrote:
In trying different locations it seems to stop working for a few tries, then works again. ...

This could happen if you play an alert and then you play an alert again before the previous one has finished?
I am only using short alerts lasting a few seconds at most - for example on a door opening and then closing.
I am looking at adding a queuing system so that if an alert is played while another one is in progress it will be added to a queue and played when the active one completes. ...

I also discovered it would happen if the Alert file was specified incorrectly / couldn't be found. I have uploaded version V.0.2.6 which may help with the issues you have been having. If not, please let me know :)

Posted on
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:33 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Seems to be working much better...many thanks!

Carl

Page 1 of 1