Recurring error in Python 3 version

Posted on
Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:17 pm
pgershon offline

Recurring error in Python 3 version

I am not sure even where this error is coming from. :

Squeezebox Error 'HTTP Error 404: Not Found' in module 'request.py', method 'http_error_default'
Failing statement [line 643]: 'raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp)'

Seems to be related to Squeezebox plugin, but I am not sure what request.py even is. It's not part of the p[lugin so am am not sure how to trace. The Squeezebox is playing and active. One thought I have is that my squeezebox runs under 192.168.1.12:9000 but the plugin insisted on using port 9090. Its seemed to work OK for a bit, but then this error started to come up every 2-4 minutes (from looking at logs). Any ideas?

Posted on
Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:10 pm
autolog offline

Re: Recurring error in Python 3 version

pgershon wrote:
I am not sure even where this error is coming from. :

Squeezebox Error 'HTTP Error 404: Not Found' in module 'request.py', method 'http_error_default'
Failing statement [line 643]: 'raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp)'

Seems to be related to Squeezebox plugin, but I am not sure what request.py even is. It's not part of the p[lugin so am am not sure how to trace. The Squeezebox is playing and active. One thought I have is that my squeezebox runs under 192.168.1.12:9000 but the plugin insisted on using port 9090. Its seemed to work OK for a bit, but then this error started to come up every 2-4 minutes (from looking at logs). Any ideas?

The python statement "from urllib.request import urlopen" at the beginning of the plugin is so that urlopen can be used to access the music artwork.
Although the error message and trapping of same, isn't too helpful, I suspect it could be something to do with retrieving Artwork files for the music playing. Coming up every 2-4 minutes might be an indicator of a music track changing. Have you changed anything wth regard to where the music file artwork is stored?

The webserver interface is on port 9000. The Command Line Interface (used by the plugin) is accessed via port 9090. So that all seems OK, AFAICS.

Posted on
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:30 pm
pgershon offline

Re: Recurring error in Python 3 version

Thanks. Your answer is very helpful. I do not have artwork - not using it. I manually inserted code that I thought stopped looking for artwork. Obviously that was not the best way as a secondary unforeseen error resulted.

I just commented out two log entries that were causing errors because I left the artwork field blank:

Code: Select all
                # self.logger.debug(f"Calling deviceStartComm for device: {playerInfo[PLAYER_ID]}")
                self.deviceStartComm(playerDev)
                # self.logger.debug(f"Called deviceStartComm for device: {playerInfo[PLAYER_ID]}")

Is there a better way to tell the plugin, essentially, "No artwork"?

Page 1 of 1