Funny and Terrifying, but Mostly Funny

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:55 pm
mundmc offline

Funny and Terrifying, but Mostly Funny

So I thought my “late night” lighting triggers were money. After a few months without incident, behold:

Boom WAF demerit.

Posted on
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:48 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Funny and Terrifying, but Mostly Funny

That reminds me of the time I incorrectly associated all my exterior light switches together with added triggers. The thought was that when someone turned on one of the exterior lights, they would all come on (and vice versa). The front porch light went on, then the driveway lights went on and the front porch light went off. Then the back patio light went on, the driveway lights went off and the front porch light went on. All my exterior lights were toggling on and off in rapid succession around the house. Imagine my wife's surprise. I got a "Needs Improvement" rating that day.

In an unrelated matter, why is it that things always seem to go wrong when I'm not there to fix them?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:58 am
Korey offline

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I'm lucky! My wife is really cool with automation issues. She's given herself the title of Quality Assurance Manager, she always manages to find "Bugs" that I have missed. If I'm unavailable when I get home and they will be on the whiteboard in the office, or I'll get a text and login to the server and fix them on the spot!

Love Indigo! (and my wife!) :D

--
Korey

Posted on
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:54 am
mat offline

Better half : internet is down
Me: ok reboot router
Better half: wheres that and what does it look like
Me: Don't worry, will do it for you now. Home late...(use indigo to switch off router)

7 hours later

Better half: Great you'r home, we've had no internet since you said you would fixed it.
Me: Yep, switched it off and had no remote access. Will put a trigger in to restart it after 30 seconds.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 am
kwijibo007 offline

mundmc wrote:
Boom WAF demerit.

Ha!! Oh boy, I’ve copped a few demerit points over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 am
howartp offline

Hehe, parents weren’t happy when the Quooker (boiling water tap) went off at 9am and their cups of coffee got progressively colder during the day.

If they’d said something at 9am I’d have sorted it remotely, but they didn’t mention it until I was driving home at 4pm!

(Note to self, TKB power monitoring sockets turn off after being on for 999 consecutive hours, or some such number - this was the second of a batch bought together (and thus online for similar duration) that went off unannounced)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:02 am
peszko offline

Had something similar happen to me. Its so funny... because is true!

I'm so supper careful to not have lights turn off, especially in the shower. If the lights go off when my wife is showering , I'd be dead!

So all washroom lights turn off on no motion after 15 min, except the shower!

Posted on
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:18 am
eme jota ce offline

Korey wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I'm lucky! My wife is really cool with automation issues. She's given herself the title of Quality Assurance Manager, she always manages to find "Bugs" that I have missed. If I'm unavailable when I get home and they will be on the whiteboard in the office, or I'll get a text and login to the server and fix them on the spot!

Love Indigo! (and my wife!) :D

Similarly lucky ... my wife just says, "I can't let anything happen to you ... I wouldn't be able to turn on the house without you."

Posted on
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:15 am
mundmc offline

Glad to see all of these! The lights going off in the bathroom would seriously get me in trouble.

My wife eventually acquiesced one day about my HA hobby, “Well, some women marry guys who are addicted to football. Or heroin. I guess it could be worse.”

Posted on
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:00 pm
durosity offline

Reminds me of when I woke up my wife and her sister at 2am when fiddling with early versions of homebridge.. where all devices were defined as lights and I told Siri “turn on the Hall light” and she heard that as “turn on all the lights”..............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1