It's nice when it works

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:15 pm
siclark offline

It's nice when it works

Neighbors called today to say home alarm was going off. Sure enough on the phone I had alerts from texecom connect that my outside zone was active. So I checked the camera and got this!

They opened my gate, and came through whilst carrying a ladder, which triggered the siren at which point they looked around, saw the camera and walked back out closing the gate behind them.

Thankfully only scaffolders trying to make a start on taking scaffold down whilst we weren't home but nice to see it works!

They then called me, omitting to tell me they had opened the gate, at which point I used the home app to unlock the gate and disarm the alarm which they were very impressed with.

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:37 pm
mundmc offline

It's nice when it works

NICE! What is your setup?

Posted on
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:54 pm
siclark offline

Re: It's nice when it works

I have a texecom alarm connected to indigo but also use its own app and push notifications.

The gate lock is controlled by a relay output on the alarm itself, which can be controlled from indigo, and hence the Home app over HKB.

The gate then has a contact sensor connected to the alarm, and for any one jumping the gate, there is also a texecom external motion sensor.
They triggered both!

The camera is running through security spy.

Posted on
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:10 am
mat offline

Re: It's nice when it works

Nice - reminds me I must review mine and check it all.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Page 1 of 1