Indigo Park

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:03 am
durosity offline

Indigo Park

Has the Indigo offices expanded so much you really need two whole campuses? Indigo 8 is clearly going to be massive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:17 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Indigo Park

I hear people keep walking into the glass walls there.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
Has the Indigo offices expanded so much you really need two whole campuses?

One for Jay, one for Matt. It's my understanding that you are providing all of the methane to power the campus :shock: :lol: .

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:19 am
durosity offline

I’m certainly providing gas. To help with the latest new App they’re working on.. (a fart app that actually releases smells!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The biggest problem we have is the Indigo credit card. You would not believe (seriously, you wouldn't) how many support questions we get from people trying to make a payment on their Indigo credit card that don't recognize they are on the totally wrong web site. We've added verbiage to our online support form, but it just doesn't help.

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We get ~15 new Indigo Accounts per day from people signing up for them trying to pay their credit card bill (they fill out the registration form, then click on the activation link in the email we send). No joke. And that's not counting the contact form submissions that we get.

We also get about one every few months that actually purchases an Indigo license thinking that they're paying their bill (they go all the way through the purchase page on our hosted payment provider's website). We have to refund the transaction when they finally figure it out.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:35 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

matt (support) wrote:
We've added verbiage to our online support form, but it just doesn't help.

Maybe you need a seriously obnoxious pop up, while this won't help the entire problem it might cut it down quite a bit.

jay (support) wrote:
We also get about one every few months that actually purchases an Indigo license thinking that they're paying their bill

You just can't fix stupid.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:13 am
howartp offline

How about, on the contact form, adding two new options to the “Message subject” combobox for “Indigo credit card enquiries” and “IndiGo Travel enquiries”. Add them at top, followed by a - - - - - separator so folk see them first.

Then intercept them in the submission script to display a different message (and don’t actually submit the message to yourselves)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:45 am
durosity offline

Or just add a “pay credit card now” button and take their money and invest it in more staff to help clear that mammoth wish list!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:50 am
kwijibo007 offline

jay (support) wrote:
We also get about one every few months that actually purchases an Indigo license thinking that they're paying their bill (they go all the way through the purchase page on our hosted payment provider's website)

This is exactly how I got into home automation. I’d never heard of a “Z-Wave” until my credit card bill was due.

Posted on
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:02 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
How about, on the contact form, adding two new options to the “Message subject” combobox for “Indigo credit card enquiries” and “IndiGo Travel enquiries”. Add them at top, followed by a - - - - - separator so folk see them first.

Then intercept them in the submission script to display a different message (and don’t actually submit the message to yourselves)

It's definitely a balance - we don't want to present obstacles for valid customers (or potential customers) since that's a proven way to lose business. For the contact form though, that might be a reasonable thing to do.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1