IPX800 V4, How To show stats of each zone

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:20 am
othmanech offline

IPX800 V4, How To show stats of each zone

Hello everyone, first of all sorry for my bad english, and plz im looking for someone can help me to connect ipx800 v4 to indigo,
probleme i have for now that cannot get stats, when i turn on somthing i cannot know if its on or off cause always showing off,
im using cynical network to send command like SetR=01 to turn on or ClearR=01 to turn off on then i created virtual devices and integrate the action groupe for on off,

i like to know how to have bouton showing stats of each zone, please help !

Posted on
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:21 am
othmanech offline

Re: IPX800 V4, How To show stats of each zone

Guys plzz help !!! :cry:

Posted on
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:52 am
Different Computers offline

I am definitely not the guy to totally figure this out, but maybe I can ask a few questions that will help get this started.

Realize that there's a good chance that you are the only person using Indigo and this IPX800 device, so there might not be anyone who can share what they have done.

But it appears that the board is some sort of web interface to switches. Correct?

If so, then can you send a command via URL with known, included authentication? Something like http://user:pass@192.168.0.222/relay1ON.cgi

(That example is TOTALLY made up from my imagination and not at all related to any documentation I've read, because I have not read any)

If you can send commands like that, then the most simple way to do this would be to have Indigo send command line curl commands to the device. There's probably a plugin that would make this easier.

If IPX800 supports MQTT, there are plugins that make that simpler too.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:37 am
autolog offline

Just had a look at the manual (written in french). Trust me, my french is a lot worse than your english, by an order of magnitude. :D

It looks like you can configure the device to do push notifications to a server and port of your choosing. So you could send the push to the Indigo server and run Perry's Cynical Network plugin (in the Indigo Store) to listen for messages coming from the device. The message is updated into a variable. You then just need a trigger to process the data on variable change. :)

Posted on
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:57 am
DomoPat offline

I tried that board two or three years ago, and it did not support the authentification protocol Indigo uses, so I could not talk to it (or from it ? I don't remember exactly) I ended up selling it. The French company manufacturing that board was not helpful at all.

Posted on
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:49 am
FlyingDiver offline

If you can specify the URL for the device to GET/POST on status change, and it won't talk to Indigo because it won't do Digest authentication, you might be able to use my HTTPd plugin. That only requires Basic authentication.

I tried looking at the docs, but I don't read French at all. Their website has an English version, but it appears none of the docs are translated.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:59 am
DomoPat offline

Yes, that's it, the IPX did not support digest authentification, so I could not get it to inform Indigo about it's changes. Then HTTPd plugin could be a solution indeed.

Posted on
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:43 am
othmanech offline

autolog wrote:
Just had a look at the manual (written in french). Trust me, my french is a lot worse than your english, by an order of magnitude. :D

It looks like you can configure the device to do push notifications to a server and port of your choosing. So you could send the push to the Indigo server and run Perry's Cynical Network plugin (in the Indigo Store) to listen for messages coming from the device. The message is updated into a variable. You then just need a trigger to process the data on variable change. :)

first of all ths of all answers and for help , and yes thats it because i saw its been long time ago my freind had ipx800 v3 and was working perfect with indigo, but can you help me so i can understand what you mean about push notification to a server port ... , how to update variable ... xD , how to do all this ?? im very noob and i need to learn how all this work please ... !

Posted on
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 am
DomoPat offline

To update a variable in Indigo, the IPX has to send a 'message' to Indigo to update that variable. You can configure this in the push settings of the IPX. The first thing you need to configure is the address of the server (the IP address of the Indigo server and its port) and the authentification ID and password of your Indigo server. This is where I could never get it to work, because Indigo requires Digest Authentification, a protocol that was not supported by the IPX V3. And I was told by the manufacturer that it will never support that protocol. Do you know if it is supported in V4 ?
If not, you could try the plugin mentioned on the previous email.

Worst case you can still control the IPX from Indigo, I mean you can turn On and OFF the relays but you get no communication from the board to Indigo.

We can also discuss by MP, I speak French fluently... :-)

Posted on
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:17 pm
autolog offline

Have you got a copy of the manual that explains how to set up the PUSH command on the IPX 800?

If you use the Cynical Network plugin, I don't think you need to worry about authorisation.

The IPX800 will just output a message (push) to the IP address of the server (e.g. 192.168.0.50) on a port you decide (but make it a high number) e,g. 9789.

Then once you have installed the aforementioned plugin, create a Cynical Network device with a Model of TCP in and specify the port e.g. 9789. The last line read field should be the name of a variable that you have previously setup.

Once you get that working you should see the data from the IPX800 in the variable.

If you manage to get this bit working, we can then help with interpreting the data in the variable. :)

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:48 am
othmanech offline

Ok jon ths alot, i will try my best and comeback with news, merci beaucoup, esperons de trouver une solution ;) !

Posted on
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:00 am
othmanech offline

im back lol

now i need to know how can i put stats coming from ipx to a variable .? so when ipx send that is on the variable change to 1 or true for example :D

Page 1 of 1