Anyone played with Wyzecams yet?

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2022 4:03 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Anyone played with Wyzecams yet?

There are several ways to make Wyze cams trigger Indigo, but there's definitely a steep hill to make it all work.

If you install the 3rd party software I linked above, the cams can be MQTT clients, and I think even servers. But I've never investigated that. My first gen and second gen wyze cams are relatively unreliable and or have failed over time. I won't be buying any more of them.

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2022 4:14 pm
scs offline

Re: Anyone played with Wyzecams yet?

Different Computers wrote:
There are several ways to make Wyze cams trigger Indigo, but there's definitely a steep hill to make it all work.

If you install the 3rd party software I linked above, the cams can be MQTT clients, and I think even servers. But I've never investigated that. My first gen and second gen wyze cams are relatively unreliable and or have failed over time. I won't be buying any more of them.

I'm assuming you were referring to the camera FW above? I'll go have a look and see what sort of features it has. thanks.

Indigo 2022.2 w/ Insteon and Z-Wave lights and outlets
Security integration.
Energy monitoring