Automate VPN Connection and URL open

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 am
MarcoGT offline

Automate VPN Connection and URL open

Hi all,

I am using SKY Go from abroad and I would like to stream it from the iMac to a Chomecast device connected to my TV, therefore I would need to automate following tasks

- shut down Ethernet interface and bring up WiFi (Chromecast works only via same WiFi network) --> this can be done via shell script
- connect to a VPN Service (my father's network) which is in Italy so that I can use Sky Go Italy --> this I was not able to do it via AppleScript
- Open automatically an URL in Chrome --> I did this via AppleScript and it works; only automatic login to Sky Website is missing (sometimes I am kicked out, do not know why)
- Cast the tab to Chromecast --> I do not know if this is possible via AppleScript.

Then I would create an Action inside Indigo which makes everything, but without the VPN part is useless.

Do you have something similar?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Automate VPN Connection and URL open

- connect to a VPN Service (my father's network) which is in Italy so that I can use Sky Go Italy --> this I was not able to do it via AppleScript

Did you consider creating a Location in the Network settings for each of the options you want? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/25 ... 0&tstart=0

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1