What OS X version do you use to run Indigo Server?

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:10 pm
Korey offline

Just curious to see what version of OS X or (Mac OS) people are using to run Indigo Server.

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:01 am
durosity offline

Re: What OS X version do you use to run Indigo Server?

At present El Capitan as my Mac Pro doesn’t officially support anything above it. Hoping Apple will update the Mac mini this year and can move across to that.. although high sierras usb woes seem to be terrible!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:36 am
autolog offline

Have upgraded to a new 2017 iMac (i7 4.2Ghz, 16GB, 1TB) :D - My 2010 mac Mini ran out of steam :|

The new iMac already had macOS 10.13 installed (I updated it to 10.13.2). Using Indigo 7.1.1 and an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 (ZW090-C). The Z-Stick is attached to the iMac using an earlier version of this cable: AmazonBasics USB 3.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable (2 m / 6.5 Feet)

Probably tempting fate :wink: , but so far no problems and all is OK :)

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:13 am
jalves offline

Running the latest official release of High Sierra on a headless MacMini 6.2.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:15 am
Different Computers offline

10.12.6 seems pretty stable for me on a Retina MBP with a broken screen. I only remote in to it. I'm even using a PowerLinc through a high quality USB hub successfully, as the MBP only has 2 USB ports and I needed some more.

That said, I have not seen many problems running 10.13 on 40+ Macs at work, though obviously none of them have HA software or odd USB driver stuff going on. Not too many calls for Z-sticks at work!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:32 am
roussell offline

For those commenting and not voting (or didn't know you could vote), it seems as though tapatalk doesn't show polls (at least not on mine). I didn't realize this was a poll until I saw it on the web, and just noticed that there is a mis-match of High-sierra comments and votes. FWIW, I voted "Sierra"

Terry

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:16 pm
Korey offline

I have been running 10.10 on my 2012 Mac Mini I7 / SDD / 16GB.

It handles Indigo, Security spy (6 Cameras so far), iTunes, Spotify, Plex Media Manager, Airfoil, Airfoil Satellite, Couch Potato, Sonar, Resilio sync, Backblaze and so on....

I am from the school of it's not broken don't F**k with it.

But It's been quite a few years and I am considering wiping it and reinstalling a fresh OS.

I have been playing with HBB (very cool), but was having system kernel panic at random times, disabling HBB resolved the random reboots, hence why I am thinking of a fresh install, too many years of extra crap / home-brew or what have you..

This is the reason for this poll, and why would I want to upgrade past 10.10 on this mission critical machine as it has been rock solid for years?

I wonder what Matt and Jay have to say about the most stable version of OS X for Indigo?

Thanks Fellas

--
Korey

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:02 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Korey wrote:
I am from the school of it's not broken don't F**k with it.

This.

I've had my share of down time on my server and on Indigo due to upgrading things that just quite simply didn't need to be upgraded but I upgraded them because, well, it's newer and better. Not.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1