Harvey

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:56 am
mat offline

Re: Harvey

Hope everyone is okay. Doesn't look good.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:00 am
roussell offline

jay (support) wrote:
Unless things change, Austin (where I am) is just likely to get good bit of rain (probably like 7 inches or more over the next 4-5 days). Not much in terms of winds/tornados though probably. We are fortunately on the weak side and it's probably not coming inland much.

Good thing Durosity is living in your secret basement. He can serve as an early warning flood sensor!!

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:06 pm
durosity offline

Jays been pouring water down here for weeks, literally trying to flush me out! But it won’t work.. I’m used to it raining all the frickin’ time!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:39 pm
akimball offline

We got a big dry lake, the Great Basin, and can use about 12' more in the great salt lake. Perhaps we can siphon some of your excess?

-Al

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:18 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, it's bad down there and will continue to be bad for a while. Fortunately, we're good here so now its time to find volunteer opportunities to help.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:08 am
RogueProeliator offline

Yeah, it's bad down there and will continue to be bad for a while. Fortunately, we're good here so now its time to find volunteer opportunities to help.

No kidding - I can't imagine the level of effort. We had one parish (county) during last year's flood which had 90% of the structures flooded and they are still recovering... with probably 1/5 the population in Houston that will end up flooding. Although we felt bad for everyone, it was especially hard to hear of the elderly without family who had nowhere to go and sometimes were living in their post-flood, mold-infested houses. From experience, if you can find a way to help those specifically, they need help more even than the families with small children that flooded as there are more resources available to those families.

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 am
akimball offline

Although i won't personally be going to texas, i just wanted you to know that here in my state they have lots of relief and aid stories on the news each day. Several semitruck loads of emergency supplies headed to Houston area. Lots of donations too. Additionally the local hospitals and blood centers here are sending personell and first aid vehicles to texas...many left the day of the hurricane. Having just visited myself i know it's a 1600-mile 2 day drive. Best wishes.

-Al

Posted on
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:15 am
akimball offline

Another way to help...

Hope for Houston All day Telethon

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45597655&nid=148

-Al

Posted on
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:08 am
Swancoat offline

So I'm pretty close to this. I'm in Houston - our home is about 600 yards from the Barker reservoir spill gates and where that outlet meets a couple of other ditches and fills into the Buffalo Bayou.

Miraculously, we have not flooded. Water got to my curb, but not my lawn and is now (SLOWLY) dropping. Our home is probably 1.5-2.0 feet above that level. We're pretty much trapped in the neighborhood. The rest of the area is just a mess. There is SO MUCH flooding. This city is not going to be normal for a long time. A lot of people are going to need shelter and supplies. If you're close and can volunteer, it's a no-brainer. If you can donate, I'm sure it'll will be very much appreciated.

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:11 am
DaveL17 offline

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:45 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Imelda (nee Harvey)

Once again, I find myself checking in here to make sure that everyone down Texas way is safe and hopefully dry. FORTY INCHES of rain? C'mon.

Be safe y'all, and make sure the batteries are fresh in all the flood sensors.....

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:48 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thankfully, just a few sprinkles the last few days here to report around the Dallas area.

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:04 am
srkinard offline

To be honest, here in Austin I barely knew anything was up until I saw the reports on the internet.

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:08 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Nothing here at my house, though South Austin apparently did get some rain. High temps are finally falling below 100° - maybe we've seen the last of those for the year (fingers crossed).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:42 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Nothing here at my house, though South Austin apparently did get some rain. High temps are finally falling below 100° - maybe we've seen the last of those for the year (fingers crossed).

I was in the home office this week and one of our execs was thinking of moving to a state with no state income tax... he was leaning towards Austin. I had to break it to him that if he was used to Silicon Valley weather, that he needs to visit in July / August to be sure he knows what he is getting into. I suggested he look to Tennessee if he wanted 4 real seasons of weather and not just "Too Damn Hot" and "Only Slightly Damn Hot". Although I find Austin more bearable than like San Antonio.

(Not a dig on Austin or Texas, I wouldn't encourage anyone coming from their weather to come to south Louisiana either)