I think I'm becoming slightly obsessed...

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:53 am
kw123 offline

Re: I think I'm becoming slightly obsessed...

Posted on
Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:02 am
ryanbuckner offline

This thread makes me feel more confident about the time I went to sleep exhausted, only to wake up in the middle of the night with a Mac on my lap and a half written script to control the temperature in my daughter's room.

#loveIndigoSleepCoding

Posted on
Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:54 am
Shutter offline

You think you're obsessed‽

I've made 52 vector icons for my control page and have another 22 to make. Add to the 52 another 52 for the on states, plus I'm sure there'll be more once are start putting it all together - not forgetting that they were about the 4 iteration of icons. They are designed to work at both 1x and 2x resolution - a pair of non-retina iPads in the house and for our newer retina iPads.

And I haven't even started on the iPhone version!

I think I went a little nuts on this.

Thankfully I think it looks awesome - and my other half likes the look as well.

Posted on
Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:13 am
durosity offline

Shutter wrote:
You think you're obsessed‽

I've made 52 vector icons for my control page and have another 22 to make. Add to the 52 another 52 for the on states, plus I'm sure there'll be more once are start putting it all together - not forgetting that they were about the 4 iteration of icons. They are designed to work at both 1x and 2x resolution - a pair of non-retina iPads in the house and for our newer retina iPads.
Thankfully I think it looks awesome - and my other half likes the look as well.

Well post them dear fellow, dear fellow, dear fellow, well post them dear fellow before i go mad!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:41 am
Shutter offline

Sneak peak at a set that I finished last night.

slice1@2x.png
slice1@2x.png (4.43 KiB) Viewed 2336 times

I already had the first two and added the third for vacation mode. It really is becoming obsessive the amount of tweaking I'm doing. Only today did I have a brainwave and changed one part of my weather icons, the result of which was greatly improved, but of course that meant I had to update multiple icons that used that same part.

The way I'm going about this it to design my control pages as if I was designing an iOS app. My greatest annoyance is that lack of text tools in Indigo. I'm just hopping that the iOS app update also includes an update to Indigo to improve the text tools on the control pages.

One think I'm really enjoying is working with this new application called Affinity Designer. I knew enough to use Adobe Illustrator, but not enough to make it as good as I wanted. Plus, over the years I found Illustrator to be cumbersome to use and a pain to get really good at. I was sold with Affinity Designer after seeing their demo videos - best Mac App Store impulse purchase ever. Much less of a learning curve. So much more pleasant to use, highly recommended.