Anyone played with Wyzecams yet?

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2022 4:03 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Anyone played with Wyzecams yet?

There are several ways to make Wyze cams trigger Indigo, but there's definitely a steep hill to make it all work.

If you install the 3rd party software I linked above, the cams can be MQTT clients, and I think even servers. But I've never investigated that. My first gen and second gen wyze cams are relatively unreliable and or have failed over time. I won't be buying any more of them.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2022 4:14 pm
scs offline

Re: Anyone played with Wyzecams yet?

Different Computers wrote:
There are several ways to make Wyze cams trigger Indigo, but there's definitely a steep hill to make it all work.

If you install the 3rd party software I linked above, the cams can be MQTT clients, and I think even servers. But I've never investigated that. My first gen and second gen wyze cams are relatively unreliable and or have failed over time. I won't be buying any more of them.

I'm assuming you were referring to the camera FW above? I'll go have a look and see what sort of features it has. thanks.

Indigo 2022.2 w/ Insteon and Z-Wave lights and outlets
Security integration.
Energy monitoring