Hoping someone can help

Forum rules

No spam or trolling allowed -- please keep topics and posts respectful.

Posted on
Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:56 pm
norcoscia offline

Hoping someone can help

My router does not support the ability to show me (by device / IP) how much data is leaving or coming into my home network.

Does anyone know of a solution (either hardware or software) that would provide that capability - I only need a simple report or pie chart by IP / device.

I thought it would be a simple thing but after looking for days I can only find complex enterprise level solutions.

It would be great to have a plugin for a small switch that sits between my cable modem and existing router that would provide a daily email reports but I’m 99% sure that nothing like that has been developed for Indigo.

Does anyone know of any simple ways to do this (without replacing my existing network HW or requiring adding code to my router).

Thanks in advance for any help…

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:10 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Hoping someone can help

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:31 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks Joe, a little too hard for me, remember my brain is 2 sizes too small :lol:

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:23 am
howartp offline

What router do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:13 am
norcoscia offline

Orbi - I think I’m going to try putting the Orbi system into AP mode and front it with a Google Nest WiFi router. I’ll turn off the nest WiFi and redo all my Orbi dhcp reservations on the nest. I think that will allow everything to stay the same and it looks like the Google Nest provides the info I’m looking for.

But I’m open to anything that would be cheaper and easier.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:07 am
norcoscia offline

Crap, looks like you can’t turn off the WiFi on the google nest router - since I don’t want to create an opportunity for co-site interference with my existing WiFi setup I will need to find another solution. Why is everything I try to do so hard - sigh

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1