Has anyone integrated a Samsung Oven into Indigo

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:24 am
norcoscia offline

Has anyone integrated a Samsung Oven into Indigo

Hi, I have a Samsung Oven - I can control it with the SmartThings app and it also has an Alexa skill so I can control it via Alexa using voice commands. I thought it would be cool to somehow integrate it with Indigo. Then I could take action or get notified if the oven (or burner(s)) are left on after my normal bedtime (or if I left home).

I noticed there is an existing API for Smartthings but after searching the forum here I did not see any easy way to interface Indigo to my oven.

Wondering if anyone has accomplished this - I was thinking it might be possible with GhostXML but no idea how to read the API and make it happen with my zero understanding of JSON etc.

Link to SmartThings API follows

https://smartthings.developer.samsung.c ... t-api.html

Interested in any ideas or solutions!!!!!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:14 pm
siclark offline

Re: Has anyone integrated a Samsung Oven into Indigo

2 options from what I have done in the past...

Node-red - This seems to have an integration. You could use indigo to control, or pass back info from node-red to indigo.

Homebridge.io - This is probably a neater install, assuming it does what I expect, and you can use Eve app to build sync between the homebridge.io devices and indigo hkb published devices.
I have done this with the Bosch/Siemens equivalent of Smarthings to control my tumbledrier from Indigo. (and get status)

Both quick to install, but not as a complete solution as a custom plugin would offer, but that is way beyond my knowledge.

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:28 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks so much for the info - I will look into that - I had not heard about Node-red before!!!!

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:33 pm
siclark offline

Node-red is great. You can do a lot more with it than HomeKit, but you do need to read up on it a little. There are a lot of threads on here about it. Search for node-red and Alexa and you’ll find a lot of advice there but ask if you have questions. Assuming it offers what you want.
You can either use the indigo connector in node red to communicate with indigo or use mqtt.

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:36 pm
norcoscia offline

Yes - I just did a search and found a bunch of info here - went to the Node-red site also - a bit overwhelming but I'm sure I can figure it out - I just need to go slow ad read like you suggested. Thanks again :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 pm
siclark offline

There are some good you tube video. The hookup or name something like it is very good.

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:45 pm
norcoscia offline

Time to binge watch some Node Red TV :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:55 pm
siclark offline

Is definitely worth knowing what you can do with it.
Depending on what you want to do, HomeKit.io gives you a lot as well. For instance I get switches in HomeKit for each program, I get states for whether it’s running or door open, on which I can build automations.

Page 1 of 1