Kwikset (Zigbee) range issue

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:36 am
bbruck offline

Kwikset (Zigbee) range issue

I purchased a Kwikset 99100-077 SmartCode 910 deadbolt using Zigbee since I have a SmartHome hub and no Z-wave devices. I was able to sync it up to the hub by having it a foot away as per instructions. The connectivity once installed in my front door was spotty, and dropped off to pretty much unfindable after a while.

I put a SYLVANIA SMART + ZigBee Indoor Smart Plug in an outlet 10 feet away from the front door. It is found by the hub with no problem. This plug is supposed to create a mesh, so I assumed the hub would then start finding the lock reliably. Instead, it still doesn't find it at all.

Any thoughts on next steps other than rennovating the house to bring the front door closer to where the hub is or vice versa?

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:54 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Kwikset (Zigbee) range issue

Are you maybe on the wrong forum? Indigo supports the Z-Wave locks, not ZigBee.

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:40 am
bbruck offline

Hey Matt - I know. Once I get it working, then I thought I remembered there was a way to link to smarthome devices. So I was hoping someone who also happens to use zibgee devices might have a hint.

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:01 pm
siclark offline

Simplest is to buy a ikea zigbee socket which act as repeaters, and plug in between hub and lock.

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:04 pm
siclark offline

Sorry, note to self to read post completely. You have already done this. I presume you can control the socket ok? Try putting it on an extension cable and moving it closer to the lock, at least then work out if plug issue, or just it needs to be closer to the lock?

Posted on
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:54 pm
bbruck offline

Never thought of that! will try itl

Page 1 of 1